light is leaking from the bottom of the phone

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
anyone else?
i have the blue 8X AT&T
leaking light from the micro usb and both sides on the bottom, next to the back button and the search button,
i can only see it in very dark lit areas.

going to get a new one, but wondering if anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

adamjamess

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I noticed on my 8x. Very little light but it's there nonetheless

Posted from my Verizon Employee Edition DROID DNA #01749.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Keep staring at that light, it might disappear, u have nothing better to do than stare at the bottom of ur phone for light? Light is bright, its gonna shine through a couple cracks. Just sayin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just to let you all know, the light leak is actually by design.

if you look at the USB port closely, you'll notice a hole on each side. These were purposely placed there. The holes allow light to escape from capacitive button LEDs. The LEDs only turn on in low light, and this is exactly why they are there. In pitch black, the lights help you find the USB port.

jojotherider

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
^^^out of curiosity, how do you know that its by design? I believe that if it was by design, the light would be more prominent.

My concern with the light leak is that its open space for dust to get into the screen.

jwort93

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It is most definitely not by design. That being said, I wouldn't worry about dust getting under the screen though, the glass is laminated to the display making that impossible as long as there was not dust under it initially from the factory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos