Music and Storage Problems

ptb127

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I am really interested in this device but if I put my entire music selection on the device, it would take up more then the 16GB storage capacity. Is there any cloud services that may be able to assist me in this or is the Lumia 920 with the larger storage the only solution??

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
What you can do is convert your library to .wma pro using a program called dbPoweramp. Wma pro compresses the files while retaining as much of the information as possible while reducing the file size by half. Convert to .wav first to avoid artifacts.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
I have an Xbox Music Pass and use Xbox Music Cloud. Also I use Google Music with the app CloudMuzik. No music on my local storage. :)

Dawn Banks

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You've nailed my #1 complaint with the phone. Of course, my music library is around 100GB, so I'd have the problem anywhere.

On the iPhone, I got around it with a smart playlist that would give me a semi-random subset, with preference give to rating or stuff I haven't heard in a long time. Even that playlist won fit on the 8x, so I've had to pare that down.

Cloud isn't an option, because I'm only paying for 2GB/month, and it's already tight without downloading my daily tunes.

So, I use an iPod for music instead.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
What you can do is convert your library to .wma pro using a program called dbPoweramp. Wma pro compresses the files while retaining as much of the information as possible while reducing the file size by half. Convert to .wav first to avoid artifacts.

Thanks! This is the answer to my most troubling question! I will be heading over to dpPowerAmp.com and downloading thier free version. I assume that I don't need the pro version to convert the mp3's to wma? Also, you mention converting over to wav first, to avoid artifacts. What would those be?

other question is about the xbox cloud, is that the little 512mb option on my xbox? If so, thats what, 70 songs? And does that allow my to download to my phone, or just play off the cloud?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon