IE Issue

smitty222

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been having trouble with IE freezing while loading a page. The progress bar will get about 3/4 complete and it just freezes. I'll go back to the homescreen for a while and then back to IE and it's as it was when I left. The only way I've found to stop it is to close the tab and reload the page from the recent pages. I have cleared the history several times and it makes no difference. This doesn't happen everytime I use it. It happens most often while on ebay viewing in desktop. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to exit IE besides going to the home screen? Any recommendations for alternative browsers? I'm really enjoying this device. Very refreshing after using Android and BB for several years. Thanks in advance for input.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Not having this problem myself, but if you are having trouble with a page and want to reload it it, hit the three dots on the bottom right and either try "refresh" or hit "tabs" and close the tab.

One thing I have found is that IE seems to work a little better if you close tabs instead of letting it keep 5 open like it wants to do. As a result, I set the address bar button to tabs so I can quickly close what I am not using.

It would be nice if WP8 had a way to one stop close open application.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers