HTC 8x on Verizon

Andrew Z

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So I REALLY want to switch over to Verizon. And I really want the 8X. The only problem I have, is the lack of group sms/mms support. I use that feature every day, multiple times a day with my lumia 900. I'm not here to troll, but more to ask if there's a workaround? Besides GroupMe. Is there any way I can have it as part of my threads? Any sideloading magic? Or if the ATIV-S coming soon will have the feature? Please let me know! Thanks :)

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, I have not noticed a lack of this. You mean how it splits it to multiple messages when you send? You can still receive group messages.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused, I have not noticed a lack of this. You mean how it splits it to multiple messages when you send? You can still receive group messages.

It no long groups messages so when some one sends you and 2 other people a group message, all the replies aren't stored in the same thread. Every one that responds gets their own sms thread. It really kinda sucks, but you do still get all the messages.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It no long groups messages so when some one sends you and 2 other people a group message, all the replies aren't stored in the same thread. Every one that responds gets their own sms thread. It really kinda sucks, but you do still get all the messages.
That does suck big time. Which app does the best job getting around this that does not require your contacts to have the same app? GroupMe? KiK?

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's the reason I returned my 8X to Verizon and bought a 920 to use on Net10 instead. I rely heavily on group texting for my work. Hopefully Portico puts it back in and I'll consider switching back. Nobody at Verizon could even begin to explain to me why they removed that feature in the first place.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just add everyone separate. I hate group msgs. I always got everyone's msg on my iPhone. That was annoying when I didn't need to see what everyone else replied.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3