A few random questions

importguyr34

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone, new user from a bb. I just had a couple of questions about wp8.

First off, on phone calls, how do you check and see call durations of previous calls? Is there a way to group call history of the same person together (instead of 40 lines of one person)?

Second,on the people tile, ita showing pictures of people who aren't even on my phone, is there a way to make that stop?
Lastly, on the pictures tile, its displaying pictures that's aren't even on my phone, is there a way to stop that? They were previously deleted pictures.

Thanks,
importguy.

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
The people you don't recognize are probably Facebook friends. Maybe filter them out of your contacts list to get rid of them?
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

homebody1966

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
i have a question about texting on WP8
does the HTC 8x have the ability to save a list of texts so i don't have to type it?
(ex. happy new year, happy birthday, how's ur day going, etc)
i didnt see it when i looked at one at the AT&T store

mikeyfernandez

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
no list of texts, but you have the voice dictation option. On the bottom of your screen from your text message window push the microphone button and say what you want to say and it writes it for you. Neat little option imo, :)

shawnyp26

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone pissed how there is only one volume option, meaning music notifications and ringtone are all combined into one volume setting. STUPIDDDDD

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
To filter which contacts are shown in the People hub: In the People hub, tap the three dots at the bottom. Select "settings". Tap the button "filter my contact list". You get a screen with "show contacts from" and checkboxes for your various accounts (google, outlook, twitter, facebook, linkedin). Adjust as needed.

To see communication history for a single contact: Tap on that contact either in the People hub, or a tile you have pinned to your Start screen. Swipe over until you get to the History pivot. This shows all communication history with that person (phone calls, texts, emails, and possibly Facebook... not sure). It's pretty cool.

Pictures: To change what gets displayed on the tile itself, go into Pictures, tap the three dots, and select "choose background". This will let you pick a photo to use for the background in the Pictures hub as well as display on the tile. The Pictures hub will show you albums that you have on your phone, SkyDrive, Facebook, etc. If you don't want something to show there, remove it from the source. Or, on SkyDrive, you an always set the folder type to "Documents" instead of "Pictures" via skydrive.com.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss