Xbox music playlist

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using wp8 since it was released on my Nokia Lumia 810 and 920...and I now have an 8x but i am awaiting the red one to come in the mail today.

But one thing i never really bothered with was Xbox Music & it's playlists feature...

Once my red 8x comes in the mail today, I plan to set the phone up tons and go from there with apps and all that stuff...

But how do i set up a playlist for my windows phone? I have the playlist made on windows 8 already in the music app.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been using wp8 since it was released on my Nokia Lumia 810 and 920...and I now have an 8x but i am awaiting the red one to come in the mail today.

But one thing i never really bothered with was Xbox Music & it's playlists feature...

Once my red 8x comes in the mail today, I plan to set the phone up tons and go from there with apps and all that stuff...

But how do i set up a playlist for my windows phone? I have the playlist made on windows 8 already in the music app.

i did it using windows media player's playlist option.. pain in the ass, but eventually got it to work

Enever

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you have all the cloud syncing options turned on on both phone and computer ( and I THINK a subscription to Xbox music) it will " just work" over the air. At least it does for me. I need to test it more though as there is a chance you need to have downloaded the music on Xbox music itself for it to work ( on just the computer / one device)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you have all the cloud syncing options turned on on both phone and computer ( and I THINK a subscription to Xbox music) it will " just work" over the air. At least it does for me. I need to test it more though as there is a chance you need to have downloaded the music on Xbox music itself for it to work ( on just the computer / one device)
I fdon't have a Xbox music subscription though :/

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
This is a major sticking point for me. As far as I know, you can sync playlists to your phone via WMP, WP8 App or via the Cloud. There is no way to create playlists on the fly with music stored on the phone. This is very archaic and major oversight by MicroSoft. I prefer to move music between my computers and phone as well as download on the fly when I hear something new that I like. I don't like being unable to change and create playlists via the phone itself.

toddab68

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Create a playlist

You can create custom playlists of your favorite music right on your Windows Phone and then save them for later.
To create a playlist

On Start, tap Music + Videos Music+Videos icon, flick to Collection, and then tap Music.

Tap and hold an artist, album, song, genre, or even an existing playlist, then tap Add to now playing to add the music to a temporary queue.

To create the playlist, you'll need to open the now playing queue by doing one of the following:
On Start, tap Music + Videos Music+Videos icon, flick to History, then tap the album art of what's currently playing (or paused).
Press either the Volume Up Volume Up button or Volume Down Volume Down button button on the side of your phone. In the music control that appears at the top of the screen, tap the artist name.

Under the album art, tap the song that's currently playing (or paused). This will take you to the now playing queue.

Tap Save Save icon, enter a name for your playlist, and then tap Enter Enter key.

Tip

You can tap the Select Select button button to choose several songs, and then add all of them to the now playing queue at the same time.
To delete a playlist

On Start, tap Music + Videos Music+Videos icon, flick to Collection, and then tap Music.

Flick to Playlists, tap and hold the playlist you want to delete, tap Delete, and then tap Yes.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Create a playlist

You can create custom playlists of your favorite music right on your Windows Phone and then save them for later.
To create a playlist

Tap and hold an artist, album, song, genre, or even an existing playlist, then tap Add to now playing to add the music to a temporary queue.

To create the playlist, you'll need to open the now playing queue by doing one of the following:
On Start, tap Music + Videos Music+Videos icon, flick to History, then tap the album art of what's currently playing (or paused).
Press either the Volume Up Volume Up button or Volume Down Volume Down button button on the side of your phone. In the music control that appears at the top of the screen, tap the artist name.

Under the album art, tap the song that's currently playing (or paused). This will take you to the now playing queue.

Tap Save Save icon, enter a name for your playlist, and then tap Enter Enter key.

Tip

You can tap the Select Select button button to choose several songs, and then add all of them to the now playing queue at the same time.
To delete a playlist

Flick to Playlists, tap and hold the playlist you want to delete, tap Delete, and then tap Yes.

Sounds great. Its an utterly ridiculous way to implement such a basic feature though.

And for the love of god, how do you clear the now playing list without turning your phone off and on again?

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Utterly ridiculous and overly involved for a feature that should be two steps maximum.

My thoughts:
Step 1: Tap and hold song you wish to add to playlist
Step 2: When prompted add to playlist or create new playlist

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Utterly ridiculous and overly involved for a feature that should be two steps maximum.

My thoughts:
Step 1: Tap and hold song you wish to add to playlist
Step 2: When prompted add to playlist or create new playlist

Exactly. And tap and hold to delete songs from playlists too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital