Windows 8 doesnt recognize htc 8x usb drive

nima_2009

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
i have 2 on my computer , there is a windows 7 & windows 8
in windows 7 , whenever i plug my htc 8x usb to the computer , windows 7 recognizes usb drive as a portable drive & i can go delete or put or copy any kind of files from my hard or my phone ...

but in windows 8 when i plug my phone for the first time windows tries to install but after a while there is no drive added to the my computer , i have downloaded
Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 2) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)
but there is no difference , i took a picture from my device manager which couldn't recognize my windows phone driver
i'm connected to the internet i also hit update driver button to download the driver from internet but there is no luck....
also i uninstall & again turn my phone off & on , but the problem is still exists
this is a picture of my device manager as you can see
http://axgig.com/images/22580390308534022840.jpg
thanks before any help :)

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey man... hang it up and call it quits.

Had this same issue with my 8x. I work tech support and was able to test on all the pcs in the center and had the exact same issue as you.

Called HTC and after about 15 minutes they confirmed there was nothing that could be done and sent me a new device.

Dont pull your hair out like i did, Call HTC, they have a specific 8x division. Get there and they will get you straightened out. Plus my replacement phone had a new back on it that wasnt as soft.

Good luck.

nima_2009

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
haha , thank for your reply , but i'm living in IRAN & unfortunately with huge wave of boycott , i have no option for replacement for this issue
the company which provide warranty for htc products , didn't mention this issue in their warranty rules for replacement ,
so is there any suggestion about driver or something like that ? i'm damn sure it got a way ...
today i'm going to test it on another machine with 2 OS es , windows 7 & windows 8 ,

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Well as i said, HTC didnt have a solution or a driver to provide me with. We recently had an MS trainer come to work and i was talking to him after his presentation about the issue. He took it back to the office and emailed me later saying they had no idea what is causing it or how to fix it. Seems to be a very isolated issue.

Sorry man.

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Your issue seems to be an isolated one. As soon as I Bought my 8X I connected it to my PC running Windows 8 and it set everything up by itself. I can browse the storage through windows explorer and also through the windows phone app that got installed as soon as I connected the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes