WP8 HTC 8X Authentication Problem

far2many

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I believe I have an authentication problem with my windows phone and
We run a exchange server at work with the TMG blocking sites (restricting access). I am able to set up my exchange email through outlook which obviously verifies me through my username and password. I am able unable to recieve yahoo imap or my personal pop mail - just says syncronising until it fails and gives an error code. I can access some sites but others ask me for a passowrd and username which leads me to believe im on the guest account and the server needs my credentials to get on.
If i am wired such as on a pc and logged in as me i can access yahoo, my personal email and have fll internet access.

The problem is how can i get active server to recognise me via my windows phone as i cant find any settings. Surely others have a similar problem?

Thanks for your help in advance
Peter the noob

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Run this past your IT department - if your TMG is set up as a proxy, you may need to go into Wifi Settings, tap your work wifi network, turn the proxy on, and point it at the TMG.
At my work, we don't use TMG, but we use a different web proxy. If traffic isn't routed through the proxy, it doesn't make it through the firewall, which leads to the same kind of errors that you're seeing.

far2many

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Update,

The TMG proxy settings were already put in by our IT department. The problem is that our exchange server needs to authenticate a user by lo in credentials to be able to apply a policy. Since the windows 8x does not seem to allow for this there is no way to verify me on the network and hence i get an applied guest user account and as such restricted internet access. This is perhaps a massive oversight by windows.
Our IT department says we cannot verify the phone by mac address (level 2 authentication) so is attempting to get a static ip from our managed services - this is not an ideal solution and the managed services are unhappy about it (hence 1 week and still not set up).

Disappointed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12