January 16th 8x Update

jlink38

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Did anybody else just get an update to their 8x? Mine is in the process of installing right now (gears are spinning). Anybody know what this is?

jlink38

May 20, 2012
Visit site
It was an "HTC update" or something to the effect. OS version is still the same, not sure if anything really changed.

rekkid

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting an update right now too! AT&T.

Not sure if it's Portico, or just this HTC update... I'll post back, when it's done downloading and installed

--Edit--

Looking like it's portico... the "update is ready to install" lists a couple of updates with 8.0.10211.204 being the highest.

Last edited:

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. I have the update downloaded and preparing to install. I'm assuming it's Portico.
Will this wipe out all my apps and my settings?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Update completed. Tells me to go to Windows Phone 8 update history on windowsphone.com to see what was included with this update. Now running OS version 8.0.10211.204, firmware revision number 1532.20.20006.502. Everything is intact.

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The one on ATT is definitely Portico. Updated mine last night. Finally, the persistent wifi!!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I am from India and got the Portico update last month itself. I just checked now and the phone downloaded an update. Not sure what it is though.. Although it said it's a Microsoft update. I really wish MS would start showing the change log in the update window.

On the other hand it's nice to see the 8X getting an OS update before even the Lumias :)

StantheManLee

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Still no update, with Bell in Canada. Still waiting for Portico!

Bell Canada is terrible. I'm never going with them again because of the non-existant support they provide for their phones. Try calling them about the update for the HTC 8x .... you'll be shocked and disappointed with the feedback. They don't have a clue.... I'm pretty confident we'll never get the update.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Bell Canada is terrible. I'm never going with them again because of the non-existant support they provide for their phones. Try calling them about the update for the HTC 8x .... you'll be shocked and disappointed with the feedback. They don't have a clue.... I'm pretty confident we'll never get the update.

Well with my HTC HD7 I've received all WP7 updates...They were not the first to send it but I did receive all of them.... It's scares me because when I've talked to HTC they didn't have any information!

If it's that kind of support for brand new phones, then HTC...bye bye....Bell...bye...bye! Hello Nokia and Rogers! So far here in Canada, Rogers has sent the update to their Nokia Lumia and also to their HTC 8X like in mid december.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb