Pretty Impressed

Dlanod

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Picked up an 8X yesterday - bored with iOS and Android and wasn't expecting much. But the beautiful OS and the surprisingly good App Store is very impressive. I'd say that Apple should start paying attention. This is what an updated iOS could be like. And the screen on my 8X is way better than my S3 - and iPhone 5.

And I'm an Apple ******!

jlink38

May 20, 2012
Visit site
There is speculation/rumor Apple stole Xerox's GUI and the design of the Samsung F700 for the original iPhone. Oh well, we should be glad we have WP8, I'm happy it looks and acts nothing like the other two major players in the game. I'd be happy if it stayed that way.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Ha. Do a google search for Braun vs Apple for starters the first apple products every out of the factories were based on designs copied from the late 1950's

Good stuff, I even binged it. Saw some old food mixers that look like todays harleys too. I wonder if people that design things ever go to junk yards for inspiration.

Hmm.

If we're talking a phone sized device, that does phone type things, I can see it getting very similar between all the designers, very quickly. Cases in point, all the slab phones from nokia, samsung, apple, htc, etc

Tennis shoes ? Yep
Tennis rackets ? Uhuh
Cars ? Yeeep

I guess what we need to do is find the one that -isnt- just like all the others. If there is one.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Good stuff, I even binged it. Saw some old food mixers that look like todays harleys too.

In my opinion any time someone comes out with the words "innovative design" about one of their products 9.9 times out of 10 they are lying. No one is original with anything anymore. All the designers are taking design cues from people theyve studied during college or university that were around 50 - 60 years ago. In 50 - 60 years time people will be hailing the designs of people of our generation. It all hinges on what your taught, consciously or subconsciously it sticks with you. You think youve got an original design you can bet someone else had already done something similar many years ago. Very little is original design anymore.

Edit - And seeing as were going off track a little here. Im glad the OP is enjoying his 8X got one myself on launch day so im feeling the love. :grin:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6