AT&T Portico Update Is Available

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
There is another thread (here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/212854-january-16th-8x-update.html) about this update, but you have to read a few of the posts until it becomes evident that AT&T has released the Portico update for the 8x.

I installed it this am. I can confirm it is definitely Portico as I have SMS drafts and new WiFi settings.

wp_ss_20130117_0001_zps71af197f.jpg

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have it also, but not so sure what it does. What are sms drafts, and what new wifi settings?

I believe he is talking about the setting where you can send an auto text reply to if someone is calling you but you can't take the call. Only applies to numbers that are in your contact list saved as mobile.

The wifi settings allow your wifi t remain connected when the phone is locked. It was not like this before the update.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
SMS drafts: you can compose a SMS message, not send it and leave the Messages app. When you return to the app the unsent message will still be there, so it can be modified and sent. Also, you can edit messages that your forward. Before, you could forward other messages, but you could not modify them before sending.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6