Alarm Clock App's

sraffe8283

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all and greetings from England,

Will there ever come a day when I can turn my phone off when I go to bed and the alarm will sound. When I had the Blackberry 9380 there was an alarm app that would carry out such a function when the phone was in off mode but I cannont find one for the HTC 8x.

Also I would like to purchase a QI charging pad for my 8x. Are the any available yet?

Steve

skaramanga

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe the Windows Phone 8 OS allows anything to operate like that, if the phone is off everything is shut down, won't do anything. If you bought your 8X in the UK I don't believe there is any wireless charging circuitry built in, it is only the 8X sold in the US on Verizon network.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi all and greetings from England,

Will there ever come a day when I can turn my phone off when I go to bed and the alarm will sound. When I had the Blackberry 9380 there was an alarm app that would carry out such a function when the phone was in off mode but I cannont find one for the HTC 8x.

Also I would like to purchase a QI charging pad for my 8x. Are the any available yet?

Steve

The built in alarm app on my 8X does this. But I prefer the 627.am app - which is how I wake up every morning.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Steve
Yes. First, ensure your 8x has the Qi charging feature enabled (perhaps all Euro models are enabled). Energizer makes a one (single) and three position Qi charger. The Nokia DT-900 charging plate will also work. I use the Energizer Qi charger and it works great.

sraffe8283

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It appears that on the USA carrier Verizon 8X has Qi charging so again the European market is cheated. Without doubt the 8x is the best smartphone I have ever owned but when facilities such as Qi are not available to all the, sadly time to change to another phone company here in the UK :-(

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
This is a good case in point. Manufacturing identical phones with one or two capabilities left out for various parts of the world is ridiculous. Why would a USA user want wireless charging and a UK user not. Seems to be a way of confusing the user market and keeping the per unit price high in different parts of the world. I would think that manufacturing a particular phone; i.e. HTC 8X the same for all markets would keep quality up, prices steady and users happy. Just my 2 cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12