HTC 8X wifi issues

the_chickeneye

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello this is my fist post. I have looked all over the web trying to fin someone with the same issue that I have been having and so far no luck.

ok here is the problem. when I am sitting at my house my phone will not connect with my wifi every time I try to connect it gives me an error saying my phone could not reach my wifi. If I turn the phone off and back on it will connect right away no issues and will stay connected. THEN.......... when I leave my house and I am clear across town I try to get on the web or an app and I have no data connection. well I look and my phone thinks it is still connected to my wifi from my house. I shut off my wifi and my cellular data picks up but when I get home I have to shut my phone down and turn back on before it will connect back to my wifi.

My Verizon HTC 8x is the only device with this problem. my wifes iphone my daughters ipod my surface tablet and all of our laptops all connect and disconnect like they are supposed to.

I have a feeling it may have something to do with my internet sharing that I use.

I have no idea how to fix this issue if it is software or a hardware issue with my phone.

thank you for any help or ideas

TryllZ

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
From experience, looks like a software glitch, try resetting the device.

Even if it was Internet Sharing, it wouldn't work outside the house, as the tethering only works with close by devices...

You Can try only....Wouldn't hurt, make sure to back up before resetting, also have more than enough charge before resetting..

Good Luck

Bilal Bahij

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem.
Every day i came home, my HTC 8x will not connect automatically to my wireless network.
i Have to turn wifi off and on - at work some times the phone ask me for my login information for the wireless network many times - its crazy..

kasey c

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Don't Reset your phone to factory setting, it still doesn't fix the issue.. I have had the same problem for months now and I finally decided to reset it and it still has the same issue.

skinholt

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Similar issue here. When I leave my work wireless, it doesn't automatically connect to the Verizon network. Have to do a restart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel