Possible 8x Root/Jailbreak?

MR_2FNGRZ

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to stir up false hope or get everyone excited, but I came across this video link to YouTube on xda showing a possible root/jailbreak for our phone. Its in Vietnamese, so I can't make anything out. Has anyone seen this or can anyone translate so we can check the validity of this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UM1yvCigAQ

MR_2FNGRZ

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
yes to all the below comments except installing cracked apps. I wouldn't condone that. If you do so, be smart enough not to advertise it. Even though great achievements have been made it making roms better for our phones, there is always room for improvement or added features. I was ALWAYS updating my Android phone, not because it needed it, but there was always something being developed that made it perform better than before or completely added new flair to the device. Another benefit is side loading apps, meaning you can try out new apps from developers without having to get the apps from the market; which means you don't have to wait for MS approval to try something on your phone.

MR_2FNGRZ

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
well if he can, it'd be like the rosetta stone lol. This is the only phone I've had that I haven't been able to hack. Its KILLING ME.

Last edited:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The title has "Jailbreak" in the name, so it must be some sort of jailbreak method using the WP program on a W7 computer. Also the boot loader was different than what I see. It wasn't affiliated with any carrier (the boot loader, I mean), so that's interesting.

MR_2FNGRZ

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that too. Almost the entire boot screen was different. However it's very possible he could have a dev unlocked version. It's just hard to tell right now without the video translated.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I read online that recovery mode can be accessed by holding the power button and the two volume buttons until the phone vibrates.

Aditya shingade

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The video that you have pasted is nothing but developer unlocking windows phone and side loading apps
and he's using windows 8 though he has a start button there are many ways by you can get a start button on windows 8 by editing reg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon