Sim Error- Like never before!!

pattyandchips

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I know there are quite a few posts about this so sorry for starting another on but it?s got ten times worse for me. I?m running a HTC 8x Black on O2.

Before when I got the sim error I just had to restart the phone and it would work fine. However in the last week restarting the phone does not make a difference.

You have to restart it about 5 times and then a message will appear saying the phone has changed to GSM network and work normal. It doesn?t matter what you do in these 5 reboots clean the slot etc. it just will not work.

I?ve had the phone about 2 months and it is happening maybe twice a week. I?m a bit lost as to what I should do??

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Go have the SIM replaced. Some older 4g sims don't play nice with newer phones. I had mine replaced on Verizon and no more problems. Ask for a new SIM, not one that's been in stock for a year.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
When I got my 8X it had a camera issue so I sent it for warranty after a month of owning... When it came back, the camera was fixed but I couldn't get service anymore and had the same message every time I put a SIM card in. I figured it had something to do with the antenna cables not being reconnected or something. I sent it back again and it's supposed to be here and fixed on Tuesday... I'll update you on the situation and tell you what they fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett