Apps updates

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
When apps updates have been released, the marketplace is supposed to automatically check whether any updates for the apps that are already installed on the phone are available and let me know (or at least that's how I think it should work). However, my phone isn't doing this - instead, I need to find the app I want to update, open its page in the marketplace and only after that I get the option to update it, if an update has been released.

Have you experienced this issue?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
You aren't the only one. I think there is some sort of problem with things right now. I have been getting some and not others. I can update if I go find it and some actually let me know on tile, but it seems kind of hit and miss right now. I know RT is having an issue which is to be fixed in update. Haven't heard about WP8 but who knows.

Bob Brown2

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have only had one (LastPass) not show up in the store. Maybe it hasn't been released to the store yet when you start the app?

Daniel Edwards

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an app update notification on the live tile for over 3 weeks... that cant be right. Still, I guess I just sit tight and wait as no doubt its on a list of "Jobs-to-do" for someone at Microsoft...

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
No updates here either....for a week or two. I went into the web store and checked my 'Purchase history' to get a list to check thru and found at least a dozen or more updates at the various app sites. Tedious to do it manually to say the least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos