Has anyone found a fix for the audible missed call alert on Verizon 8x?

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have contacted VZ and HTC, and both basically told me they would look into the problem of the phone giving an audible alert when you miss a call even though the phone is completely silenced. Well, they both told me that months ago, and I have not heard anything else. I tried sending a follow up message to HTC and got no reply. I am going to have to dump this phone I can't find a fix soon. I have already gotten some ticked off clients for the d@mn thing going off in meetings. I can't take it into Court at all.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
No fix yet but I forwarded it to our equipment team at work. They will work out a fix with HTC. As soon as they acknowledge my message I will post here with more info. Basically we report bugs and workarounds and submit them to this group. They in turn confirm/reproduce them and then notify the manufacturer to get them to do an update.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does unchecking the "All other notifications" box turn off all other notifications for other apps too or just the phone app? for example, if I uncheck the box, will notification sounds for espn, facebook, twitter, etc continue to come through but the missed call tone will not?

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have contacted VZ and HTC, and both basically told me they would look into the problem of the phone giving an audible alert when you miss a call even though the phone is completely silenced. Well, they both told me that months ago, and I have not heard anything else. I tried sending a follow up message to HTC and got no reply. I am going to have to dump this phone I can't find a fix soon. I have already gotten some ticked off clients for the d@mn thing going off in meetings. I can't take it into Court at all.

Honestly, if you're in meetings with clients and/or in court you should probably have your phone off. When you turn it back on all of your messages will be there waiting for you. I too have to attend court at times and have client meetings and I just turn it off. I agree that the tone should not happen, but it really is just a minor issue.

rew001

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, if you're in meetings with clients and/or in court you should probably have your phone off. When you turn it back on all of your messages will be there waiting for you. I too have to attend court at times and have client meetings and I just turn it off. I agree that the tone should not happen, but it really is just a minor issue.

Sorry this is not a solution. It's good he's bringing this issue up and is contacting HTC and Verizon about it. We don't need to settle for things that don't work that should work right out of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I never really noticed this till now.

However on an unrelated term, when someone calls me and i ignore the call and send it to voicemail...it annoys me that the recent call shows it as a missed call.i didn't miss the call, i chose to reject it.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Still no updates but I'll keep you posted. I don't think many people even notice it until it happens in an undesireable moment, so that's probably why it's so low on the radar. I will squeak louder and see if Microsoft/HTC/VZW bring the grease...

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Most courtrooms explicitly demand that devices be turned OFF not muted. It is entirely valid.

This is entirely NOT true. If you are an officer of the Court, most Federal Courts allow you to keep your phone on as long as it is completely silenced AND it does not interfere with the CR equipment (GSM). That is why I am on Verizon, because it does not interfere with the audio equipment.

Still no solution. Went off in a friggin client meeting yesterday, pissed off the client. I am going to have to ditch the phone.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So, I received a reply and the next software update will include "improvements and fixes for various audio complaints"...I think this refers to the crackling/skipping audio that you might hear occasionally. I've had that happen to me a couple of times.

As for the missed call notification, a fix is under review and will be included in the same update. Release date is also under review. Basically this means our complaints were heard and they are testing the build. Sorry I don't have any further info. We will just have to live with it until then.

Also, there is no need to contact VZW to ask for the release date. Most reps will have no idea what you are talking about. I just happened to have filed a report regarding this so I got a response.

Last edited:

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So is this "next software update" going to be Portico, or the one after that? Seeing as how VZW doesn't even have Portico out yet, I don't see this fix coming anytime soon.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
"I don't know" is the best I can offer. Just passing along that HTC and VZW are working to get this particular bug fixed. I figured it would help people to know that nagging bug is not being overlooked.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
FYI, this is the latest response from HTC:

Thank you for your reply. We have had plenty of customers contact us about this issue with the 8X on Verizon that we are currently looking into this. However, we do not have an ETA of when this will be resolved. We are working as fast as we can to get this rectified for you and other users with the same issue.

Sincerely,

Lisa

HTC

wescoerg

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wrote Verizon a letter about this yesterday. Just got my 8X, but my wife said it's been happening to her since November on her 822. I'll let you know what Verizon says if they reply back.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3