Possible DIY way to change HTC 8X colour

FC1032

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Bump in hope for pictures :) I actually saw someone with a HTC 8x on the train once. Had a black body and blue buttons...

The website doesn't seem to have any ones with wireless backs right now...

FC1032

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
They're back in stock I believe.

I really want to try this.

Are the black ones the ones with wireless? I can only see black, blue and red with the colours being more expensive. The actual grey verizon one with dual colour would be reallllllll nice.

I haven't got an 8x YET. I ordered one, waiting for stock :(

failed1234

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Are the black ones the ones with wireless? I can only see black, blue and red with the colours being more expensive. The actual grey verizon one with dual colour would be reallllllll nice.

I haven't got an 8x YET. I ordered one, waiting for stock :(

I contacted them. Black and red have wireless charging, while blue doesn't.

illitero

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I kind of tore up my at&t yellow one after it died suddenly. Now it's stuck in the ridiculous WP boot loop, but I'd REALLY like to swap to a gray case (granted I can get it out of this damned loop). I tried looking to see if it's possible to do so without much luck. Anybody have wisdom on this?

Steven Baltay

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
used to have limelight, just switched it to black. Looks pretty nice. Really wasnt that hard to do. The edges aren't perfectly flush, but its close enough. Just some tips for whoever tries this; removing the old shell takes some time, pop out the bottom two corners first then do the top ones, and be very careful when removing the speaker. The whole thing took me an hour. Also the crack on my screen wasnt from installation, I did that a few days ago somehow :cry:.

htc_8x_1_zpsde8813f7.jpg

htc_8x_2_zpsb8ee894c.jpg

htc_8x_3_zps55269e93.jpg

htc_8x_4_zps8d4d3573.jpg

htc_8x_5_zps8da1e6c4.jpg
htc_8x_6_zpsab7b5be2.jpg

htc_8x_7_zps7de2b4ee.jpg

19v3n3zolano99

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Well I called HTC and the guy told me these things. That You can change the housing and it wont effect the phone (like if you get a Verizon housing on a T-mobile model). He also said that all the HTC 8x's have wireless charging, he told me they function through NFC and that all models should have this feature. I'm doubtful of this information though. But couldn't I possibly just change the housing from the Verizon model to my phone and have wireless charging? Also has anyone seen any assembly videos on the HTC 8x? because I want to replace my Headphone jack because it broke :( Ive seen the dis-assembly but not the assembly of the phone. So does the housing just snap into place with the phone? or is it adhesive or something? and what and how do i apply it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb