NFC Tags?

markusleo

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I am thinking of getting some NFC tags to use with my HTC 8X for convenient change of phone settings and app launch... Is it possible to use the NFC tags meant for Android in the market right now with the phone?

I know of some NFC tags - Samsung TecTiles and Sony SmartTags. Are these NFC tags compatible with Windows Phone 8? I've heard of the app that lets you do all these - but has anyone tried the app with these NFC tags?

Update: I just bought the Samsung TecTiles and they work great! I used the NFC Launchit app and wrote the data to the tags without formatting them. What I do look forward to is the direct change of settings, as due to the OS's limitations, I can only open the respective settings page and change them manually.

Last edited:

pieman666

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I got an assorted pack of NFC tags from NFC Starter Packs - RapidNFC You need to have the tags formatted to the NDEF standard, you can either order them pre formatted or you will need to format them with a non windows phone 8 device (android) as windows phone does not have the ability to format NFC tags.
Another feature of windows 8 phone is that it is a lot more security concious than android say, so you will need to press yes/no question on the screen before the phone will react. You can't turn wifi on or off, only open the wifi settings etc. Read Check out Frequently Asked Questions | NfcInteractor.com for more info

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234