Best Weather app for WP8?

Doom At Last

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather HD just got updated.. And it's amazing with the addition of lock screen support and more efficient live tiles.

So Amazing Weather HD wins, no questions asked.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Amazing Weather HD just got updated.. And it's amazing with the addition of lock screen support and more efficient live tiles.

So Amazing Weather HD wins, no questions asked.

I just got the update and now my live tile no longer displays any info. I have tried changing all kinds of settings but still just a blank tile. The lock screen is great, but I want my live tile with the great weather display back! :eck:

Update!
Ok, I'm a dunce. Just figured out what I'd done wrong. I had pinned the tile to my start screen by pressing the app title in the app menu instead of pressing the "pin" button at the bottom while the app was open. Once I did that my tile was live again. I'm a happy camper now! No more complaints......sorry Amazing Weather! ^_^

Last edited:

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was having an issue with the live tile not updating post-update and I restarted my phone and it seems to be working just fine now. I love the new update to Amazing Weather HD!

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I want to like Amazing Weather HD, but I just get tired of trying to figure out why it isn't working. Lock screen doesn't update, just shows yesterday's weather. Live tile is hit or miss. The app wasn't working at all this morning until I rebooted my phone (Lumia 920). I kinda just want my money back. It's too flaky.

pfg

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to like Amazing Weather HD, but I just get tired of trying to figure out why it isn't working. Lock screen doesn't update, just shows yesterday's weather. Live tile is hit or miss. The app wasn't working at all this morning until I rebooted my phone (Lumia 920). I kinda just want my money back. It's too flaky.
You are absolutely right.
The app is useless.

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there a Weather APP out there, that has a live tile that is GPS based that actually works??? EVERY App I have tried almost never refreshes automatically. The few that support lockscreen information do exactly the same thing, no auto refresh. I may look at Poynt and Forecast, but I am REALLY getting tired of installing and uninstalling Weather Apps. I have tried Amazing Weather, Weatherflow, and pretty much every other one. Suggestions? IS it best to remove a previous app, reset and then install a new App??? Thanks in advance!!!

Doom At Last

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Is there a Weather APP out there, that has a live tile that is GPS based that actually works??? EVERY App I have tried almost never refreshes automatically. The few that support lockscreen information do exactly the same thing, no auto refresh. I may look at Poynt and Forecast, but I am REALLY getting tired of installing and uninstalling Weather Apps. I have tried Amazing Weather, Weatherflow, and pretty much every other one. Suggestions? IS it best to remove a previous app, reset and then install a new App??? Thanks in advance!!!
it's not the apps, it's your phone, or maybe your location.
Every weather app works perfect on my 8X.

John Lamoureux

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

This +1. I love Amazing Weather, but the live tile and lock screen do not refresh automatically. Tried all settings and a reboot. Lumia 920.

WiNGSPANTT

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Weather flow is absolutely gorgeous with useful information in-app, on live tiles, and on the lockscreen. The choice between Metro and HD pics is great. I'd say some other weather apps have more detail (radar etc) but weather flow is amazing overall.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use HTC's app. Super reliable, although I wish there were more live tile options rather than just the big clock, like maybe the flip side showing 5-day forecast.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb