thinking of moving from i5 to 8x

rhath127

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, got my 8x yesterday and pretty happy with it. Just wondering if there is a way to flash an unbranded rom on this device? This is the lte version c625b

Thanks

rhath127

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
thanks mate. the start up screen shows a carrier branding which isnt too bad however as part of carrier modifications they have removed the ability of muting camera shutter sound, which is very annoying.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Really?! That is annoying. I muted mine so I can take pictures of my wife without her knowing it. (hates having her picture taken) So it doesn't appear at the bottom of Settings>Ringtones & Sounds ? What an odd thing to change...

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Lots of phones have that issue. I recall my BlackBerry Storm and an LG flip I had all had that fake shutter sound. I had to put the BB in Silent mode(there was no helping the LG) so I wouldn't hear the noise. Maybe just tapping volume down, then putting the 8X on silent will do it? I haven't tried it yet and don't have it handy, otherwise I'd test this out for you.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have two unlocked 8X. Both are good phones, but HTC keeps updating some firmware on it on a regular basis. The last update has seriously diminished the battery of my two 8X... so much that I went and got me a Lumia 920 with all the updates. While the 8X is the more practical phone, the 920 is more capable and probably worth the extra weight for now. The issue I have now with the 8X is that when it switches from one network to the next, it hands up and drains the battery. You see, I am on two networks which are with the same provider but which have different names but the same APN settings. The 8X has issues with that since a firmware update last week. While my 920 is happy and has no issues with it.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have two unlocked 8X. Both are good phones, but HTC keeps updating some firmware on it on a regular basis. The last update has seriously diminished the battery of my two 8X... so much that I went and got me a Lumia 920 with all the updates. While the 8X is the more practical phone, the 920 is more capable and probably worth the extra weight for now. The issue I have now with the 8X is that when it switches from one network to the next, it hands up and drains the battery. You see, I am on two networks which are with the same provider but which have different names but the same APN settings. The 8X has issues with that since a firmware update last week. While my 920 is happy and has no issues with it.

Uninstall HTC hub then see if the drain stops. It did for me.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
And the Qi charging seems like a very minor convenience until you are in a situation where you need to actually plug the phone in. I feel spoiled now :)

denm

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I went from a 3.3gs,4,4s,5IP to google nexus, back to IP5, now windows 8 HTC *X. very happy with the HTC and windows.

WP7_Genius

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I will say this, if you have to have DIRE Apps and games. Go to windowsphone.com and go check the site for apps BEFORE you switch. If they have the ones you need then I say pull the trigger, its refreshing. I been using since WP7, my OG Focus and I love it. I will also state that I use mostly the core apps, and maybe one or 2 like wpcentral app and my chase bank app oh and Metrotube(god of youtube apps) but other than that Im satisfied. I was same way on Android and iOS just cores.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans