What to do about poor warranty repairs?

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 8X on Nov. 30th 2012, and immediately after purchasing noticed the camera would not autofocus. Out of fear of looking like a *******, I figured I was doing something wrong and didn't get an exchange at that point. The problem kind of took a back seat in my mind until Christmas day when I wanted to take some pictures...

By this time the phone was past the 14 day return policy, so I had to send the phone in for repair. On new years eve, I took it to my carrier who sent it to an HTC repair center (standard/preferred procedure for warranty claims in Canada). It returned to the store on January 15th. The good news is the camera was working, the bad news is that something was now wrong with the cellular radio.. I couldn't get on the network, and the network selection menu only showed one carrier (not mine) as on option. So I sent it back for a second time. It returned to the store on January 28th, they claimed the mainboard and sim tray had been replaced, but the same issue with service still existed! However this time, I did get connected to the Bell network for about 30 seconds (received about 15 texts from the last week) before it returned to the same issue of just showing one carrier. I was furious and argued with my carrier for a good hour over what could be done. In the end, it was sent away again.

To say the least, I'm doubtful that it will be working when it comes back this time. Should I contact HTC directly and see if it can be shipped elsewhere? I'm sure where it's going (some place in Markham, Ontario) is a crappy third-party authorized HTC service centre.

Any advice is welcomed at this point. And oh HTC, this is the first and last device I will buy from you. Sorry bro. :devil:

StantheManLee

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
If it comes back bad again, the best option is to 'fry' your phone. This way you're guaranteed a replacement. I've had to do this on more than one occasion.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm scared!!!!! Just sent my phone as well last week!!!! My carrier is Bell and it is gone to the HTC third-party in Markam. My phone was constantly rebooted up to a point that it never came back. Even charging, tried all the hard reset combo didn't work. Keep us to date with your phone when it comes back and I will let you know about my phone as well.

If I was you, I would write an email directly to HTC and also call them!!!!!

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm scared!!!!! Just sent my phone as well last week!!!! My carrier is Bell and it is gone to the HTC third-party in Markam. My phone was constantly rebooted up to a point that it never came back. Even charging, tried all the hard reset combo didn't work. Keep us to date with your phone when it comes back and I will let you know about my phone as well.

If I was you, I would write an email directly to HTC and also call them!!!!!

Mine's been to Markham everytime. It hasn't returned since I made the OP so maybe there's some actual work being put into resolving the issue. I haven't had any luck reaching out to HTC thus far.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Got an email this morning saying that my phone was with FedEx which means that their work is done. Just waiting to see if I will have it today (on the FedEx website it says so). I think that the shop received it on Monday or Tuesday and its been already ship back since last night. I hope that they did fix all my issues!!!!!

I will let you know when I receive it.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Finally I was able to get my phone today! So far so good!!!! It came back fixed. Crossed fingers no reboots, no crackling sound when listening to music. For sur I will be more confident in a couple of days or weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes