HTC 8X on SImple Mobile?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
First, I would like to sincerely thank all of the WP Family for answering my questions thus far! I am almost there in deciding upon a new Windows phone (my first! :sweaty:)

I have a question: Does anyone know if the HTC 8X works perfect with Simple Mobile? They have an awesome unlimited 4G plan for $50 and it doesn't look like the 4G speeds cap out at 100 MB like T mobile.

Any information is greatly appreciated! :)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
First, I would like to sincerely thank all of the WP Family for answering my questions thus far! I am almost there in deciding upon a new Windows phone (my first! :sweaty:)

I have a question: Does anyone know if the HTC 8X works perfect with Simple Mobile? They have an awesome unlimited 4G plan for $50 and it doesn't look like the 4G speeds cap out at 100 MB like T mobile.

Any information is greatly appreciated! :)

Yes it will work, but take another look at the plan. They DO throttle their data plans. It was about a month ago when I was looking at them for my nephew and all of their plans were throttled.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes it will work, but take another look at the plan. They DO throttle their data plans. It was about a month ago when I was looking at them for my nephew and all of their plans were throttled.

I searched and searched, where did you find the throttle info....I saw this for the $40 plan:
Unlimited Data
250MB at 4G Speeds

But, I was interested in the $50 unlimited plan. Do you know if the $50 plan is also throttled?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I searched and searched, where did you find the throttle info....I saw this for the $40 plan:
Unlimited Data
250MB at 4G Speeds

But, I was interested in the $50 unlimited plan. Do you know if the $50 plan is also throttled?
From their Terms & Conditions:

To provide a good experience for the majority of our customers and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance we may take measures including temporarily reducing data throughput for a subset of customers who use a disproportionate amount of bandwidth. Additionally, in the event that a customer is in violation of the Permissible and Prohibited Data Uses listed above, we may reduce your data speed for the remainder of that billing cycle or terminate data service without notice or refund. We may also suspend, terminate, or restrict your data session, Plan, or service if you use your Data Plan in a manner that interferes with other customers' service, our ability to allocate network capacity among customers, or that otherwise may degrade service quality for other customers.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
From their Terms & Conditions:

To provide a good experience for the majority of our customers and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance we may take measures including temporarily reducing data throughput for a subset of customers who use a disproportionate amount of bandwidth. Additionally, in the event that a customer is in violation of the Permissible and Prohibited Data Uses listed above, we may reduce your data speed for the remainder of that billing cycle or terminate data service without notice or refund. We may also suspend, terminate, or restrict your data session, Plan, or service if you use your Data Plan in a manner that interferes with other customers' service, our ability to allocate network capacity among customers, or that otherwise may degrade service quality for other customers.

Thanks so much for that quote. I think all carriers have this notice for those who use a HUGE amount of data, including using their phone for a Hotspot, and tethering, etc. I was looking moreso for an acutal statement that says something like "First 100MB at 4G speeds..." like most carriers have. I didn't find that so I was curious if there was a definite tapering after a certain amount of MB used. I typically use less than 500 MB each month, so I don't think I will qualify for the "excess use" clause that most (if not all) wireless carriers have regarding their data allowances. Did you find any statement like the one I mentioned above (100MB at up to 4G speeds...) I'm still looking as well. I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything....Thanks so much for all of your help! :smile:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for that quote. I think all carriers have this notice for those who use a HUGE amount of data, including using their phone for a Hotspot, and tethering, etc. I was looking moreso for an acutal statement that says something like "First 100MB at 4G speeds..." like most carriers have. I didn't find that so I was curious if there was a definite tapering after a certain amount of MB used. I typically use less than 500 MB each month, so I don't I will qualify for the "excess use" clause that most (if not all) wireless carriers have regarding their data allowances. Did you find any statement like the one I mentioned above (100MB at up to 4G speeds...) I'm still looking as well. I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything....Thanks so much for all of your help! :smile:
Actually, I'd be wary of Simple Mobile, since they have vaguer terms than any other carrier. They don't give any limits, but state that they could "suspend, terminate, or restrict your data session, Plan, or service if you use your Data Plan in a manner that interferes with other customers' service, our ability to allocate network capacity among customers, or that otherwise may degrade service quality for other customers."

That pretty much leaves it open for them to get rid of you as a customer if they feel like it, without any explanation.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
2gbs before throttle on simple mobile.
2 gbs for straight talk
Net10 will throttle you randomly.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
2gbs before throttle on simple mobile.
2 gbs for straight talk
Net10 will throttle you randomly.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much! I typically use less than 500 MB...I don't know if I should go with T mobile or Simple Mobile. T mobile throttles at just 100MB for $50, and that is just not enough for me....2GB is a good amount for me. What do you think?

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much! I typically use less than 500 MB...I don't know if I should go with T mobile or Simple Mobile. T mobile throttles at just 100MB for $50, and that is just not enough for me....2GB is a good amount for me. What do you think?

Tmobile has a new unlimited 4g plan with unlimited everything else for $80.

Are you sure you only use 500mb per month?

If you're positive about the 500mb you can go with either Straight Talk or Simple Mobile and be just fine.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Tmobile has a new unlimited 4g plan with unlimited everything else for $80.

Are you sure you only use 500mb per month?

If you're positive about the 500mb you can go with either Straight Talk or Simple Mobile and be just fine.

$80 is way more than what I wanted to spend for wireless...I really wanted to keep it at $60 and under. I normally use way less than 500 MB LOL! I think this month I've used <100 and I only have a week to go. Wifi definitely helps out! LOL! So, I think it'll be fine either TMO or SM. I found a thread on SM forum where some folks said that their 8X on SM worked great and they got wonderful 4G speeds, so I'll just have to decide which is better now that I have all the facts. Thanks so much for everyone's help! :smile:

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you use a lot of minutes? T-Mobile has a $30 5 GB plan online, but it only comes with 100 minutes. If you text and use apps more, this plan can fit you better.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you use a lot of minutes? T-Mobile has a $30 5 GB plan online, but it only comes with 100 minutes. If you text and use apps more, this plan can fit you better.

That seems like a really nice plan...you know I actually don't know how many voice minutes I use. I have to check that out, thanks! :smile:

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have straight talk and I exceed the 2 GB mark and occasionally go to 3 GB. But never saw 4G speeds on simple mobile when i was with them.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3