Toast notification volume & sound issue?

Axxix0x

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Okay, upgraded from a 7.5 HD7S to an 8X and I couldn't be happier (LIMELIGHT YELLOW! it's beauitful!)

Anyways, I've tried to google it and search some forums but got nothing. I'm having a certain issue and can't tell if this is regular windows phone behavior or if mine is just screwy. I figured I'd make a post on here and see what you guys have to say;

So, my SMS notification sound is customizable from the settings, of course, as well as my e-mail sounds & etc. However, my email sound ("alert 4") is always WAY louder than my SMS sound ("notice"), i feel like it doesn't sync with the volume correctly. But here's my biggest issue- toast notifications from any other app besides SMS comes in one specific tone ("alert 5") and it's VERY LOUD! When I have the volume down low enough to hardly hear my text tone, I can clearly hear toast notifications coming in from other apps. But like, on my windows phone 7.5, changing my text alert sound would sync all my toast notifications for other apps with the sound I select (and would always be the correct volume). So, is your phone like this? Are toast notifications just not customizable? Do I need to just like hard reset my phone maybe?

Thanks!

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I have weird volume issues - usually they are resolved just by rebooting the phone. In one case I discovered that Hearing Aids was enabled so check under Settings and make sure it is disabled. It will make your volume crazy loud and not very adjustable.

Axxix0x

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I've restarted my phone quite a few times since I got it, and Hearing Aids is deff off (good idea though, I checked). Question, do all your app notifications sync with whatever text tone you've selected?

Axxix0x

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Figured out the problem! Turns out the IM tone I was using ("notice") is significantly softer than all the other alert and notification choices. Thus everything else sounded way louder because I had to turn my phone volume up more to hear it. Hah! Sucks the volume is off though, I really like it as my IM tone but really dislike how much I have to turn up the volume.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786