From iJunk to 8X

jaybee425

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My wife is due for an upgrade and is contemplating an HTC 8X after years with an iphone on AT&T. Are any of you former ifolks and now using the 8X? Happy with the switch or disappointed with the 8X?
I use a Lumia 920 so she is somewhat familiar with WP8. Just interested in the forum thoughts.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone is hardly junk compared to the 8X.

Just saying...

At least Apple didn't cover the iPhone in a soft touch coating that gets dirty and peels off the phone.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site

Just saying...

At least Apple didn't cover the iPhone in a soft touch coating that gets dirty and peels off the phone.
neither did HTC. I've had my 8x since the day it came out and it looks like the day I bought it. No case, front right pocket. No dirt and no peeling. Try washing your hands every now and then.
Sent from my AT&T 8x using Board Express

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the iPhone known to easily scratch way too easily? I do remember that being a complaint of many iPhone users.

Just saying.

Just saying...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
See if she can get on with the Lumia 920 first.

If this was Verizon I would wholeheartedly suggest her to get the 8x but the Lumia 920 vs the windows phone 8x....nokias app and better support va HTc.....beats? Lol its a no brainer really.

That being said I adore the windows phone 8x and in my opinion if there was Nokia, I would still own my 8x today. So she can't really go wrong.
My wife is due for an upgrade and is contemplating an HTC 8X after years with an iphone on AT&T. Are any of you former ifolks and now using the 8X? Happy with the switch or disappointed with the 8X?
I use a Lumia 920 so she is somewhat familiar with WP8. Just interested in the forum thoughts.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

autumnride

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4 before and the full Apple ecosystem. After having a couple of probs with the L920 I finally bought the 8X!! Very good decision, I really am happy with that phone!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Could be, but the iPhone is still much more well made than anything HTC has ever produced.

my meager HTC Trophy still looks like it did the day that I bought it. My wife's iphone5 may have looked great when new but scratched and scuffed with minimal use. It now lives in a bulky otterbox. This is the only HTC I have ever had and durability has been great.

autumnride

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Could be, but the iPhone is still much more well made than anything HTC has ever produced.

Don't think so!

Aluminium of new iPhone 5 is very bad quality and get scratches easily!
http://mashable.com/2012/10/10/iphone-5-supply-limited-because-material-scratches-too-easily-report/

I would have agreed to your Apple quality statement 1 or 2 years ago but all the other major companies in the electronic-industry caught up. Same or even better quality with their flag-ship devices.

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If she's a music junkie shell really like the 8X. If she is cool with the size of the 920, I would definitely go with that, they support it better and it has wireless charging.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Brandonnathaniel

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I went from iPhone 4 on Sprint, to canceling my plan and getting an unlocked HTC 8x (verizon model) and using it with T-mobile's prepaid.

I thought I would miss my iPhone but I honestly don't. I'm in love with the screen on the 8x and I'm a music junkie so Beats audio paired with my NOC NS400 Titanium in ears is a real treat.
Skype is still in beta but i get better quality making "computer to computer" (without video) phone calls than I did with my iphone. the camera takes stellar pictures (i've heard the lumia 920's is insane but the pictures I take upload to facebook, not a museum) and the front facing camera takes hi def video.

I've never been an app junkie so the sparsity on the windows store really doesn't bother me. I'm waiting for my bank to develop an app and instagram and if they do, well then I'll have pretty much everything i used on my iphone.

So far i've dropped my phone twice (no case) and it withstood the drops with grace. i have no build quality issues but recently it did reboot on me a couple times, which doesn't really bother me since it's a mini computer... and sometimes these smart phones need to be restarted.

hope this helps with your decision :)

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I would have agreed to your Apple quality statement 1 or 2 years ago but all the other major companies in the electronic-industry caught up. Same or even better quality with their flag-ship devices.

Bingo!
Apple started losing their claim to hardware quality dominance after they started outsourcing to Foxconn plants to manufacture iPhones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos