"HTC Update"

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
got some serious battery drain after this... from 06:00 am til now 50% of battery is gone in stand by mode, mostly. i had one short call. LOL
battery sense reports 11,5% battery drain per hour.

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting battery issues as well. Battery drain went up from 1.x% to 7.9%! I wonder if there's an option to restore to the previous firmware.

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I can say that I found a small bug, sometimes when I take pictures like from the up above to the floor it rotates the picture oddly. Is not how it supposed to be and because of this you have to manually rotate the picture afterwards. If I take a normal picture with my hand raised while holding the phone then all is good. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I can say that I found a small bug, sometimes when I take pictures like from the up above to the floor it rotates the picture oddly. Is not how it supposed to be and because of this you have to manually rotate the picture afterwards. If I take a normal picture with my hand raised while holding the phone then all is good. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Its not a bug, the phone was slightly titled the other way. I experienced this alot too l, thinking its leveled when its not.

nemxboxdxb

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
battery drain is really bad after this update. I love 8x but I cant believe that HTC is constantly scr*wing up things rather than fixing it

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I think I found a workaround that decreased the battery drain and brought it back to pre htc update. I turned on nfc, wifi and gps (i usually leave nfc and gps off) then drained the battery to 1%. At that time im losing round 7.9% of battery per hour. After that i turned nfc, wifi and gps off again then charge my phone to 100%. It's been 8 hours since my last charge and battery is at 94%, with battery drain of 0.7% per hour.

Im using battery sense to monitor my phone's battery drain by the way. Not sure what exactly fixed the battery issue, but im sure that one of the steps did the trick.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I think I found a workaround that decreased the battery drain and brought it back to pre htc update. I turned on nfc, wifi and gps (i usually leave nfc and gps off) then drained the battery to 1%. At that time im losing round 7.9% of battery per hour. After that i turned nfc, wifi and gps off again then charge my phone to 100%. It's been 8 hours since my last charge and battery is at 94%, with battery drain of 0.7% per hour.

Im using battery sense to monitor my phone's battery drain by the way. Not sure what exactly fixed the battery issue, but im sure that one of the steps did the trick.

Are you using the phone in that time? That drainage of .7% seems impossible with those settings on.

jomargon

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The settings mentioned above were turned off. I turned them on just temporarily (less than an hour) to drain the battery faster then turned them back off right before charging. Also noticed that battery drains faster now when cellular data is turned on after the update.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
yep, mine battery life is back to normal... i`ve used battery discharger to drain the battery and then fully charged it and restarted the phone just to be safe... it` ok now

Mark Valentine

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
just got my update on t-mobile. :smile:

wp_ss_20130209_0001_zpsbb622394.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo