"HTC Update"

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Just checked randomly for updates on my HTC 8X and didn't expect anything, as I've had 'Portico' installed at day one, and surprisingly there was an update.

No OS Update, but a "HTC Update", I'm installing right now, there was no further description. So if you guys have already installed it, or checking right now and install it later, what do you think this mysterious update does to our phones? :)

Edit: Attached a Screenshot, but I have no idea what if something changed.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130206_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130206_0001.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 17

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
No update for Verizon 8x

I wonder if it has to do with the issues regarding Beats Audio that almost all of us are having problem with the sound of Beats Audio not working correctly

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just checked randomly for updates on my HTC 8X and didn't expect anything, as I've had 'Portico' installed at day one, and surprisingly there was an update.

No OS Update, but a "HTC Update", I'm installing right now, there was no further description. So if you guys have already installed it, or checking right now and install it later, what do you think this mysterious update does to our phones? :)

Edit: Attached a Screenshot, but I have no idea what if something changed.
who's your carrier?

Mark Gallagher1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i was told by htc that my phone the surround was not able to get the update to 7.8. because it was an android phone. and they have no plans to support wp with that update. when i called htc thay told me they have no reason for why they are not supporting the first gen wp.

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got it :) thanks for letting us know. Unbranded HTC 8X.

Can we find the changes anywhere or they are unknown again?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I maybe just imagining things and I don't know at all if this is real, but I think the phone gets less hot playing Guns 4 Hire, and the power drains a little less.

Maybe it's just a placebo update, and now I think there's improvement ;-)

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For sure, there are improvements. However, my previous phone was Nokia and every time there was an update, there was a changelog released. With HTC, I need to guess what is going on...

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Skype either, never have after reading horror stories about it. But yeah I got the update a couple of days ago and wondered the same thing and someone posted a link and things added up.

That could well be, but I'm not using Skype since the first version messed EVERYTHING up on my phone. If this is the case it was a placebo effect was I experienced :)

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Skype either, never have after reading horror stories about it. But yeah I got the update a couple of days ago and wondered the same thing and someone posted a link and things added up.

I only wanted to say, that I wouldn't notice a difference as I don't use Skype. Other than asosko I see sense in a system update for everybody not depending on an app installed, if the issue needs 'deeper' fixing :)

zemanel

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well i have now that HTC update and i have two changes in my phone...

my firmware revision was 1532.20.20003.401 and now is 1532.20.20005.401

and my bootloader was 0.0.1532.20(159895) and now is 0.0.1532.20(162966)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb