Not Sold In Stores?

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at the Verizon website today and it now indicates that the 8X is only available through their online store. What gives? Have they stopped selling it in their B&M stores now? If so, why?

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I still see it on the Verizon website as being available to order online. I also checked the Microsoft windows phone website and it appears that I can order it online there as well.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
he said "only online"

Oh oops, I read that backwards.

I guess in any case though I don't see the online store saying "available online only" so I'd assume you could still go into the store. I can't imagine them not selling a flagship phone in their brick and mortar stores.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Could be because of the annoying and sometimes catastrophic audible missed call alert when phone is silence bug that ONLY affects the Verizon version. They have apparently received a substantial number of complaints.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It's gaining popularity, as all the unsatisfied L920 customers are finally doing the right "#SWITCH" :)

just to say i had the 8x for like 2 months...and i not only switched from the 8x....i switched the 920 and i now have a better supported phone on a better carrier at a cheaper plan :D

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not positive about this but, I see that they have a new program where you can order online and then pick up at a store of your choice. Maybe they can't do that with the 8x for some reason so when you look at it online it shows as ship only.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was in a store last week, I know for sure they have them in a official Verizon store and on display. WHen you go to verizon's site use a different Zip code, they target things per area. So you might only have a very small store near you that only orders phone in....

I live in CT but, I put in a CA zip code and there was a few different models and some where aviable but, others not. Things sell different in different areas and verizon's site is like that..

gpstrucker

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks folks. I did see it in a store today, but was told they won't be carrying them in the store once the current supply runs out. He said they had too many returns on it,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb