Issues with transition between Wi-Fi and cellular coverage

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember if this started to happen after the portico update that allowed Wi-Fi to be always on but I've been experiencing problems while I transition between Wi-Fi and Cellular coverage. Most of my days I'm at home connected to Wi-Fi.

Upon leaving my house, my 8X show there's good cell signal but the location services don't seem to work (inside apps like 4th & Mayor, etc.) and also data connectivity seems lost sometimes.

If I turn Airplane mode on and then off (to turn off and on again the cell and Wi-Fi radios) I have cellular data working as expected. Rebooting the phone instead of toggling Airplane mode fixes this too. This doesn't happen everytime, just once in a while. I don't know if it's an issue with HTC or a bug or something with Windows Phone 8.

It's the only issue I've seen with my 8X since I ordered the day it became available. It's an unbranded/sim-free bought from the UK.

Anyone has experienced this?

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Same here. It's kinda strange because it only happens when I'm using the phone in Mexico (Telcel) but doesn't happen when I'm in the US with AT&T. Never happened before when I had the LG Quantum, Dell Venue Pro or Samsung Focus Flash. I thought maybe it was a bad MicroSIM so I replaced it but the problem continues.
The only app I have installed is Skype. Not sure if it could be related.
Any one else?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2