Uninstall HTC app for godly battery life!

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, I (almost) doubled my battery life upon uninstalling the HTC app. I saw someone's suggestion to uninstall, and I was like, no harm trying!, and heck, it worked!
Instead of having to charge twice a day, I only have to charge once a day now.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDEcKS6CMAQvys5.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDEcoPYCQAARIzC.jpg

Horizontal graph is before I uninstalled.

Yes, I do the same things everyday, and my usage is the same everyday.

Try it!

Some exaggeration, but still,..

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Good tip!

I originally turned off most of the features in the HTC app (no RSS feeds, no stocks - only weather) and it helped. But uninstalling the app completely turned my 8X into a whole 'nother device. Battery life was nearly doubled. Sad that the built-in software most people won't think to remove contributes so heavily to the experience of battery life.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Strange. With all HTC apps I charge phone once per two days.
If I heavily use it, it culd die at the end of the day.

Common guyz, this is smartphone, not the dumphone! It must eat your battery :)

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I understand that uninstalling is worth it and all, but what about those that love the clock/weather tile that it offers? What other alternatives are there?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I'm going to look for another clock app, but I was under the impression that no app could 'live update'... so the idea of a clock app that couldn't update itself is ludicrous.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No apps are allowed to update their tile every minute, but with HTC being the manufacturer, they can override the settings.

niv78

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I was just about to get rid of my 8x because of poor battery life but since I uninstalled the HTC app it has improved considerably now on par with other smartphones. Now just hope for a notification center update.

Danijel B

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I did uninstall it last night, charged the phone and till morning battery was drianed as usual (6-8%). I use HTC app just for clock, i have all it's other fatures disabled and it's disabled in ''background apps'' setting. So, no improvement. Or should have I turn the phone off and on back?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the HTC app installed and set to update lock screen wallpaper with weather info and I can easily make it through the day with light to moderate use. However with heavy or extensive use when I'm at home I can only get 4-6 hours.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC app installed and set to update lock screen wallpaper with weather info and I can easily make it through the day with light to moderate use. However with heavy or extensive use when I'm at home I can only get 4-6 hours.

Info from HTC? Are there any other weather apps that have a really nice detailed status lock screen showing 5-day forecast or current weather? Because I have LockBuster and don't wanna get rid of it.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Info from HTC? Are there any other weather apps that have a really nice detailed status lock screen showing 5-day forecast or current weather? Because I have LockBuster and don't wanna get rid of it.

You should look into Amazing Weather HD, it just got updated for lockscreen updating and it has a 5-day forcast available on the lockscreen.

I don't use it, but you could also check out WeatherFlow. Many people are happy with that and it also has lockscreen info available as well, although I'm not sure about the detailed forcasts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo