HTC 8X Updated Today, What's it about??

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just got an wp update --- but whats new?

Just received a windows phone update on my HTC 8x. I downloaded and installed it, but what's new?

My OS version is 8.0.10211.204, I read online that's portico, but all the features listed I already had before (ie, reply to calls with text) so I must've had portico before.

Soooo... A little confused here, what was the update for?

I'm in Canada with rogers

The one I had was a firmware update, which as now gone up to 1532.20.20004.206. Portico was a system update which as you say is 8.0.10211.204

I think what is causing some confusion with people who are posting is that updates can come at different times for different carriers, for example, I got Portico a few weeks ago now, but others are only just receiving it. So it's quite possible we are talking about several different updates at once!

StantheManLee

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just got an wp update --- but whats new?

For those of you who are interested, it looks like Bell Canada may finally be pushing out updates for the 8x. My phone was purchased unlocked on eBay from a Canadian retailer. I thought it was unbranded (no 'Bell' logo when booting up), but in the 'About Phone' section there is something about contacting bell.ca for support so I guess it's tide to Bell after all. Anyways, I'm with Koodo since they have the best rates. Only problem is I'm having problems receiving MMS sent from others that are not on Koodo network. Hopefully when Koodo gets a Windows Phone 8 the HTC network settings app will resolve any issues. I've got the APN settings entered but something is still not right. Anyways, just got update today Firmware: 20004 OS: 10211 .... anybody else on Bell also finally get this update?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dont mean to state the obvious but has anyone been in contact with HTC about the update?

Im on O2 UK but with an unbranded 8X - my firmware is now at 1532.20.20005.401

Have asked HTC and HTC_UK on twitter for any news.

Last edited:

Nikita Kolomiets

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've got about 1 week ago in Sweden on my unbranded 8x HTC update: 1532.20.20005.401. I don't know what you found new, but what I discovered is that my relatively stable phone became absolutely unstable all of a sudden. It freezes and quite often, seems like whole OS stuck and restart after couple of minutes. I tried to to hard reset it - doesn't help. It manage to stuck even during initial setups ! Do you guys have same problem ? Do you know if there is any way to rollback update like in WP7 times ?

Thanks !

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've got about 1 week ago in Sweden on my unbranded 8x HTC update: 1532.20.20005.401. I don't know what you found new, but what I discovered is that my relatively stable phone became absolutely unstable all of a sudden. It freezes and quite often, seems like whole OS stuck and restart after couple of minutes. I tried to to hard reset it - doesn't help. It manage to stuck even during initial setups ! Do you guys have same problem ? Do you know if there is any way to rollback update like in WP7 times ?

Thanks !

Great... Thanks for the good news... I know this doesnt sound very nice but im hoping its just an issue with your phone and not the update itself. Had enough trouble with my 8x at launch could do without further hassle and as far as I know there is no way to roll back the updates.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that I can no longer play YouTube videos. Had no problem before the update

That's weird, YouTube still works perfectly fine with me :/. What I have noticed though, people, is that the others storage decreased rapidly, from 2.5 Gb, to 1.2. That's amazing for me and im rlly happy :D.

Abu bakkar

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I got an update today and ufortunately forgot to check wat was on it before i clicked yes. but firmware version showed a 20006 version for a while and the screen went off while I was typing this message. I checked back and now it's reverted to 1532.20.20005.401.

This is in India btw . International unlocked 8X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs