HTC 8X Updated Today, What's it about??

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

As my title suggests, I just got my HTC 8X update OTA on Rogers Canada's network today. I don't know what is going on and what is really new, so I was hoping maybe someone out there would know? Here's a screen shot of my info.

wp_ss_20130214_0002.png

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It would be much appreciated if anyone could give me feedback :p so far I notice no changes after not so long period of use, but I also notice its different from what Daniel was talking about awhile back in December about 20003 update (I believe it was .421 or something?) so yeah... That's about it though.

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yet another update !

Following on from an update received for my 8x a justa few weeks ago I just received yet another one, and as previously no info as to what it contains ! This didn't say it was from HTC so could be anybodies l

HTC 8X on O2 in UK

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I have found one change ..... when I pushed the volume up to full I got a warning saying it could damage my hearing if using headphones etc .......... It just appeared the once and I can't replicate it ! I am sure that the update was more than just that !!!!

FYI my firmware revision is now 1532.20.2004.206

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I have found one change ..... when I pushed the volume up to full I got a warning saying it could damage my hearing if using headphones etc .......... It just appeared the once and I can't replicate it ! I am sure that the update was more than just that !!!!

FYI my firmware revision is now 1532.20.2004.206

This happens everytime after a firmware update. The first time you change your phone volume, the pop up appears too.

fernandogonzalez

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just got an wp update --- but whats new?

Just received a windows phone update on my HTC 8x. I downloaded and installed it, but what's new?

My OS version is 8.0.10211.204, I read online that's portico, but all the features listed I already had before (ie, reply to calls with text) so I must've had portico before.

Soooo... A little confused here, what was the update for?

I'm in Canada with rogers

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just got an wp update --- but whats new?

Messaging improvements. A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.

- Text replies to incoming calls. Can?t take a call? Now you can send a prewritten text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. It?s a nice way to let people know that you?re not ignoring them.

- Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically?an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.

- Wi-Fi connectivity. Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.

Rogers HTC 8X users reporting OS update now available, fixes messaging issues | MobileSyrup.com

Looks like the Portico update perhaps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb