[CASE] Incipio DualPro Black review.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my black 8x back in November along with a Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC case.

This was and still is the best case I've ever owned or seen on a phone. The fit, quality and grip are great. The only downside is that the case makes the buttons a little harder to press. Besides that, the phone looks and feels like you don't have a case on it.

Today, the Incipio DualPro arrived. I ordered this case to put it on just when doing work on some dusty or places where I risk scratching my phone. I didn't want a military-grade protection case which I find too bulky and unnecessary, but wanted better protection then the Doubleshot provides. Specially on top of the screen where the DualPro has a nice edge that covers it.

This are pics of the Doubleshot Hardshell by HTC in blue. This is the only color available since launch but I'm buying any other color HTC releases in the future, if (hopefully) that happens.

Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC

HTC Doubleshot Hard Shell 05.jpgHTC Doubleshot Hard Shell 06.jpgHTC Doubleshot Hard Shell 04.jpgHTC Doubleshot Hard Shell 03.jpgHTC Doubleshot Hard Shell 02.jpgHTC Doubleshot Hard Shell 01.jpg

Incipio DualPro Black

I was tempted to order this case in the Grey/Dark Grey cambination but since I wanted to put it on just when doing work on "risky" or dusty places, I figured it could get dirty very quick. So, I ended up buying the black one.

It has a silicone core that wraps around the phone nicely and has a polycarbonate (or hard plastic) plate that fits on the silicone. The grip is very, very nice. The quality of the case is good and makes it look like a premium case.

As the silicone core has edges around the screen, I can put in face down on any surface without worrying it might get scrated. This is something I wanted for this kind of case.

It doesn't add more weight to the phone, at least noticeably. The weigh of my 8X feels almost exactly than with the Doubleshot Hard Shell by HTC. I didn't expect the case to be this light, specially when it has two parts.

The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the black silicone, just like any other silicone/rubber case, attracts dust particles in batches and they are very noticeable. One can easily rub the case with your pants, shirt or any other thing at they get off pretty quickly as well.

The button are covered by the silicone core, not the hard shell. I loved that they are now very easy to press compared to the Doubleshot Hard Shell. I can now use the two-step shutter button, one thing I couldn't do well because it was really hard to feel when pressing it.

There are really no cons I can think of now since I just put this case on a couple of hours ago. However, I can easily recommend the Incipio DualPro for anyone looking for good protection, including screen edges without adding too much weight or bulk to the awesome 8X. If you don't need to put your phone face down or don't want a two-piece case, I can't stress enough how awesome the Doubleshot Hard Shell is.

I have an Incipio Feather in grey on it's way as I write this. I ordered it to use it as an everyday case because it looks as fit and slim as the Doubleshot and I wanted other color to exchange for the blue of the Doubleshot.

I will post a review like this when it arrives.

Here are some pics I just took this morning:

Incipio DualPro 01.jpgIncipio DualPro 02.jpgIncipio DualPro 04.jpgIncipio DualPro 03.jpgIncipio DualPro 05.jpgIncipio DualPro 06.jpgIncipio DualPro 07.jpgIncipio DualPro 08.jpgIncipio DualPro 09.jpg

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the HTC Double Shot case a lot ! , I'm waiting & hoping HTC would make Yellow one ! or I might eventually buy the blue one & wrap it in a black Carbon Fiber film (Not sure if it work though) !
That case fits perfectly ! If I didn't I know any better , I would've thought you have a Blue 8X !
Thank you for the review , I appreciate it !

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The Doubleshot is that awesome. Most people would think my phone is Blue until I tell them it's black.

I don't know why HTC didn't make it in other colors, just like Nokia does with their own cases.

I would buy one in each color: black, yellow and red. If they make a grey one, I would buy it too :D

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, I'm stuck between the double shot and the dual pro.. Decisions!!!

I know, lol

Think about what you need the most. If you want a slick and good looking case, the Doubleshot can't be beat, trust me. If you want to protect the screen a little, go with the DualPro. Or do as I did. I use the Feather and Doubleshot as my daily drivers and only put the DualPro on when going outdoors or places that are "risky" or when I just want to have the little screen protection the DualPro offers.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the DualPro (in blue, purchased from AT&T). Although I hate to put anything on the 8X and went naked for a while, I put this on when one of my partners dropped his brand new 8X and shattered the glass. The case works very well, and the silicon insert is raised and I believe will protect the screen if dropped. The hardware buttons are easy to use, the case feels good (for a case). The only potential negative is that because of the dual nature of the case, the silicone insert inside of the hard shell plastic, I don't find it very easy to take on and off. But other than that, I recommend it.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the DualPro (in blue, purchased from AT&T). Although I hate to put anything on the 8X and went naked for a while, I put this on when one of my partners dropped his brand new 8X and shattered the glass. The case works very well, and the silicon insert is raised and I believe will protect the screen if dropped. The hardware buttons are easy to use, the case feels good (for a case). The only potential negative is that because of the dual nature of the case, the silicone insert inside of the hard shell plastic, I don't find it very easy to take on and off. But other than that, I recommend it.

Thanks for adding comments of this case. Can you post a couple of pics of that AT&T blue version?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)