Deleting Songs From HTC 8x Windows Phone

Nightprowler1966

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Heres the story, I downloaded the Ringtones App that was on the HTC Windows 7 phone and saved them to my computer. When I got my new HTC WIndows 8x phone and moved the music over to the new phone from pc the ringtones transferred. I have tried to delete them but they don't show up in my music files nor in my phone by using the PC, but if I look on my phone they are there and they play. Ive tried to delete them from my phone by holding down on the songs but it only gives the options of add to now playing, play mart dj mix, pin to start. Is there a way to delete them or would it best to delete all songs and start over. Now if I use delete all songs how would I do that, I tried going to my phone using the pc, then click song folder and right click and delete but it says its protected. By looking at properties its a read only file. Personally I would like to remove all songs and add only the ones back that I want. Any Help would be greatly appreciated Thank You.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Plug your phone into your pc and make sure the folder is set to show system and hidden files and folders and see if that helps you find them. Just a suggestion.

Nightprowler1966

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
After hours of looking, you have to shut off the Xbox settings to keep it local or it will not delete anything, it just keeps putting it back on. I tried to find my Xbox cloud settings and see where the music is stored but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I went to an older phone and downloaded the music to my pc then I could transfer it to my new phone. The trick is to download your old music first and save it to PC then you can transfer what you want with out it constantly updating and changing what you want on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720