Portico update on Verizon does NOT fix missed call beep

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. Just finished the update, and still getting the friggin audible alert with a missed call. I am hoping Verizon gets a new windows phone soon, this is killing me.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
It only happens on Verizon HTC 8x as far as I know. Only way I have found to stop it from beeping is to check who it is and ignore the call. Or maybe now text a reply.

anon(5716633)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Is this a problem with all HTC 8x phones on Verizon, or do some not do it? I was going to buy one tomorrow but now I'm not sure. There are times when I need to use my phone in silence and can't turn it off.

DjRx12

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had the tone issue as well. It happens when ever you do not pick up the phone when someone is calling, you will get a "beep, beep" sort of tone somewhat similar to a tone when a call drops. If you are wondering, yes, it does happen even if the phone is on vibrate. Forgot to mention that I have the Lumia 822

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
It only happens on Verizon HTC 8x as far as I know. Only way I have found to stop it from beeping is to check who it is and ignore the call. Or maybe now text a reply.

I have a Verizon 8 X. I've had it since January 4th. I don't get a beep for a missed call, I just have a number notification on the tile. So it DOES NOT happen on all Verizon 8Xs. Could it be the earlier versions? Or could it be that I have an employee edition? I would be interested to know if anyone else with an employee edition 8X does or doesn't have the "beep!"

DjRx12

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Really? I never heard anything with mine. How soon after you miss the call does it do it? Does it beep only once or is it intermittent?

It beeps twice one after the other as soon as the caller hangs up if you don't answer. It sounds more like a dial tone when u pick up a land line but with two consecutive beeps

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It beeps twice one after the other as soon as the caller hangs up if you don't answer. It sounds more like a dial tone when u pick up a land line but with two consecutive beeps

I know exactly what you are talking about but I don't see how this is the issue. I never had one ever since I got my. 8x

erekshun

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the 822 and I get the alert too. This causes problems for me because I have my phone on vibrate and I am not supposed to have it on my person at work.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I posted in another thread that turning off "all other notifications" under sounds fixes it, but I just installed Portico, did a full factory reset, unchecked that box and I still get the beep. It seems my information was incorrect. There may actually be no way to turn off the beep at all. Verizon 8X.

anon(5716633)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's strange that some people say they don't have this problem. I wonder if it has been fixed with the more recently built phones. My Verizon contract expired last week, and I was set on getting the HTC 8X before reading about this problem. Now I don't know what to do. I could get one on AT&T, but then I wouldn't be able to get one in black, and it wouldn't have wireless charging.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am also still getting this problem, the only way I've found to mitigate the problem is to actually pull out your phone and hit ignore to send the call to VM and then you won't get the beep. Obviously this isn't a good solution since you aren't always going to be able to access your phone when it's ringing.

anon(5716633)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 8X on Verizon today. I tested before and after update, and got the beeps in both cases. As described, it is three short beeps immediately after a missed call. It happens at all volume levels, including silent, and does it regardless of if vibrate setting is on or off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism