Heads up to anybody considering buying an HTC phone. (Although HTC is probably just the worst of the bad.)

Since the Portico update didn't fix the problem, I submitted the bug described at http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc...-its-mind.html via the HTC web site.

I received the following (probably automated) reply. Not only is the reply totally devoid of content or information, the link to e-mail support is broken and the link to send a reply brought up a page where it was impossible to actually submit a reply.
    Thank you for contacting HTC technical support.

We are committed to delivering a great customer experience. As such, we investigate all reported issues. If a hardware or software change is found to improve a customer experience, it will be deployed according to our standard, required processes. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and appreciate your patience as we work quickly to investigate this issue.

Chuck, thanks for your continuous support of our products and services. If you should require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through
    HTC or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 6AM to 1AM EST, 7 days a week.

Have a great day!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Edgar

HTC
    02-23-2013 01:25 PM
    I just tried that and it doesn't work for me. Thx for posting because I didn't know of it. I will be reporting to HTC also.
    02-23-2013 07:21 PM
    I had contacted HTC support in the UK and I've got to say they were pretty good. Very quick to respond and when I needed to send my phone back they arranged a courier to collect it from my work (Monday) and got it back by the Friday.

Annoyed I had to send it back (the back cover broke after 2 months) but can't really fault the service or repair.
    02-25-2013 04:21 PM
    I also have never had problems with HTC support. Sent them a one x a while ago and got it back within 3 days.
    02-25-2013 05:59 PM