03-11-2013 06:14 PM
36 12
tools
    Here maps works in Serbia too, hence I think that maps should work in all countries.
    I whish i could say the same for other Here apps.
    I just tested it again, not available for me in Switzerland.
    02-25-2013 11:14 PM
    I just tested it again, not available for me in Switzerland.
    Have you tried changing location of your phone to, say, Germany, then downloading Maps and starting it for the first time?
    After that it should work for you without a problem and you can change back location of your phone to Switzerland.

BTW, Maps has an option to calculate route.
    It gives you info on where you should turn, but of course no voice guided turn by turn navigation and you have to slide it down every time you pass a turn.
    Last edited by nbumbic; 02-26-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    02-26-2013 05:18 AM
    HERE Drive. Found it in a store but says that it's not available for 8x. Which means not supported by hardware, software, provider or your location. Love them when they specify what is the issue... :D

And when I look at the languages supported it lists croatian (hrvatski) so big mystery here... (From Croatia, VIP provider)
    02-26-2013 05:55 AM
    Put Drive and Maps on my AT&T 8X yesterday. Now if I only understood what the difference is between those 2 apps (I understand what Transit does) and how they differ from Maps that came with my 8X?
    02-26-2013 07:24 AM
    Put Drive and Maps on my AT&T 8X yesterday. Now if I only understood what the difference is between those 2 apps (I understand what Transit does) and how they differ from Maps that came with my 8X?
    Well Drive is actually like a GPS device, gives you turn by turn navigation with voice and extra options. Nokia Maps, well it will give you the POI around you, you can add your destination and then select if you want to walk, transit or drive. Then it will give you the destination, arrival and different types of transportation. Then depending what you choose, (walk, transit, drive) it will open the proper app (Nokia Transit, Nokia drive).... That's how I see it since I can't install it right now because my 8X is broken lol...again...lol
    02-26-2013 07:46 AM
    HERE Drive. Found it in a store but says that it's not available for 8x. Which means not supported by hardware, software, provider or your location. Love them when they specify what is the issue... :D

And when I look at the languages supported it lists croatian (hrvatski) so big mystery here... (From Croatia, VIP provider)
    Same....in Serbia on HTC 8x
    02-26-2013 10:29 AM
    Licence mismatch
    Your navigation licence isn't valid in this country or area.
    MCC=293

Slovenia.
    02-26-2013 12:19 PM
    Nokia Drive and Transit worked just fine on my TMO 8x!
    02-27-2013 10:50 AM
    Yea , I saw them in the Store , but I didn't bother because they are limited to few countries (Saudi Arabia is not included) , the transit app can be handy , but I don't use public transport .
    02-27-2013 06:32 PM
    Here drive is not working in Turkey
    03-07-2013 05:54 AM
    As we wait for Nokia Here to be available in all countries you can use app called GPS Voice Navigation with Nokia Maps.

It offers a choice of 4 map and routing providers: Google, Bing, Nokia and MapQuest.
    It tends to be a bit slow from time to time but all in all it works well anh having 4 map providers is a big plus for me..
    In Trial mode it can provide you with turn by turn voice navigation for routes up to 20km,

List of features and the link for download
    GPS Voice Navigation | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store

* Offline maps
    * Maps in 2D/3D mode
    * Night mode (auto set)
    * Search in contacts
    * Speak full instructions
    * Integrate as navigation app
    * Autozoom
    * Option to display Speed Cameras (fixed, mobile or traffic light) as layers on the map.
    * A different warning alarm screen for each type of camera
    * Notification bar showing nearby cameras and speed limit signs
    * Speeding warning

GPS Voice Navigation | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store
    03-11-2013 06:14 PM
36 12