Hey - not sure if this has been asked before. After watching Youtube videos via IE10, going back into the native music player and trying to listen to music, randomly the volume (even though says 30) is so low it sounds like it;'s at about 1? Anyone else had/seen this, it's solved by rebooting, maybe to do with Whatsapp using the audio API? Who knows??!?! Thanks : )
    danj210 likes this.
    03-02-2013 03:53 AM
    I experienced this issue once and that was within the first week I had this phone. I restarted and haven't seen it since (back in December).
    Stu Malin and danj210 like this.
    03-02-2013 04:34 AM
    Thanks Eric, glad in a way I'm not the only one! Had this happen three or four times now, restarting each time. Oh well, not the end of the world. Cheers
    03-02-2013 08:44 AM
    Had the same problem recently. It didn't happen before lets say whatsapp update. However I didn't used that app at the time & volume got to low so badly that I couldn't hear a thing in music. The behavior triggered after playing Asphalt 7, did u have the game too? I think we should contact MS cause this is really not ok, I mean rebooting the phone to fix the issue.
    Oh and another problem that I've encountered is that I cannot answer anymore with my headphones attached(they have no mic) because now the phone mutes its own mic, I have to unplug for the other person to hear me.
    Stu Malin likes this.
    03-02-2013 04:56 PM
    Hi no I haven't downloaded that game as my Other storage is now over 2GB! Another issue I'm hoping is being looked into! I have Beats earphones with inline mic and that is still working OK. Thanks for replying
    03-02-2013 11:47 PM
    Yeah that happens. Sucks.
    03-03-2013 12:24 AM
    Had the same problem recently. It didn't happen before lets say whatsapp update. However I didn't used that app at the time & volume got to low so badly that I couldn't hear a thing in music. The behavior triggered after playing Asphalt 7, did u have the game too? I think we should contact MS cause this is really not ok, I mean rebooting the phone to fix the issue.
    Oh and another problem that I've encountered is that I cannot answer anymore with my headphones attached(they have no mic) because now the phone mutes its own mic, I have to unplug for the other person to hear me.
    That's funny you said that, because I notice some boards on that game where some of the background noise is silent.
    03-03-2013 12:46 AM
    I've had this issue as well, a few times. It seems to happen after watching YouTube videos through IE10 but I do use MetroTube as well so it could be YouTube in general, I don't know how tho. That's my experience anyway.

Oh and after a reboot it is fine. It can be somewhat annoying but the reboot time is minimal enough to be fine with it.
    Stu Malin likes this.
    03-03-2013 12:50 AM
    I know this is a somewhat delayed response, but this same issue has been bothering me for months. Though I've found a somewhat consistent "solution." Or rather, a way to prevent the problem from happening. Make sure to pause any music you have playing before loading the YouTube video. After watching the video, close IE10 using the back arrow until you're back to the home screen. Load up Music, and try playing something. For some reason, if I try to back out of IE10 using the Start button, I have the same exact audio issues. When using the back arrow to close IE10, it seems to work just fine.
    Stu Malin likes this.
    04-23-2013 07:57 PM