Maps app fail (The Netherlands)

Luinwethion

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I've been an Android user since 2009, and I always used Google Maps...

Now I have the HTC 8X, and I'm happy with the phone (there are some bugs to be solved), but I'm having a lot of problem with the Maps app.

When I try to search some streets it says nothing found or it gives me a wrong direction.

For example:

On my PC with I go to the bing.com\maps or maps.nokia.com, and i search for "Lange Poten, Den Haag" it shows me the street Lange Poten.

If I do the same on my 8X in the Maps app, it shows me the The Hague city center, but not the street that I'm looking for.

If i just search for Lange Poten (when I'm less than 1km away from the street), it says no results found.

I know I can't compare, but if i do the same in Google Maps on an Android phone, even if I just search for Lange Poten, it will give me some results, and Google Maps will show me streets and places with an similar name around me.

Any one having the same problem?

Luinwethion

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks to someone on another dutch forum, i found the solution to this problem:

I had everything on mu phone in English, also search en region format.... If i put those in Dutch (phone language stills in English) everything works again!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)