03-26-2013 10:12 AM
33 12
tools
    I bought the htc8x for same reasons, cool design and Nokia 920 too chunky. And yes, I have the concern that I am again betting on wrong horse - htc not succeeding in wp and may give up further development, hardware or software. I don't understand htc. They came up with the best wp in terms of design and then they are doing nothing else, letting Nokia take the lead, the momentum. Instead, the announced the htc one, the new flagship on Android.

The Android's overtaking of iphone (at least some countries) is not due to Android as a platform as much as Samsung or otherwise, we would seen all manufacturers doing equally well on Android, It is because of Samsung for its top hardware and the cool design of Galaxy lines. With Samsung in such lead, htc should not be banking on Android at expense of wp8. Not smart to me. I do not think they can succeed either.

What htc should do is to making the htc 8x/8z line as the "Galaxy lines" for windows phone. 8x can be improved with a 4.7" screen and better battery, external sd card etc..Why give up on best wp phone design in 8x/8s just like this. What kind of company strategies and marketing?
    HTC was going to release bigger and more premium device than 8x but die to wp8 not supporting 1080p screen, they didn't release the device.
    03-07-2013 10:58 PM
    I wish I knew what they were doing. I have an 8x and it is hands-down the best phone I have ever owned. I tried both it and Lumia 920, and while the Lumia is impressive, the 8x is sleeker and it is solid, both physically and performance-wise. I have had ZERO need to reboot. I have never had a crash. My Droids crashed all the time. My wife's iPhone is even more problematic than the 8x. Whenever I have it out, I always get admiring comments. I have carried it in my pockets since the day it was released, and have never used any sort of case. It looks brand new after all these months. The 8x should be a runaway success. So should the Surface. Sigh.
    ricocchet likes this.
    03-08-2013 04:59 AM
    HTC did a great job in promoting the 8X in the beginning but now the intensity with which it promoted has decreased !
    Hope HTC releases a few more Windows phones so that it keeps its head high up ...
    03-08-2013 11:42 AM
    Agree the intensity is not the same as before !
    03-08-2013 11:44 AM
    I just reed a piece of News that they were only able to make 20% of the One because of components shortages. They should consider a WP8 based on the One casing in Blue with 64Gb und 720p screen. I would buy one right away even if it only uses the same S4 as in the 8X.
    03-08-2013 12:26 PM
    The signature device means that it's windows phone untouched,stock. It's the same branding they used with pcs that have stock windows 7 without any bloatware from oems. They just pushed it with this branding to give some attention to Htc and not only Nokia. Nokia has it's own map suite and a few other things that can't be considered stock, so no matter what flagship device they will release,it will never be a signature device
    A while back I asked the question what the term "signature device" actually means. The general consensus was that it means absolutely nothing. I can't say with 100% certainty that the general consensus is correct, but I can say with 100% certainty that it doesn't mean: "windows phone untouched, stock".

Every single widows phone is an untouched, stock device! To date, every single WP device ships with the exact same stock OS installation, bit for bit. Differences exist only in the firmware and a few OEM supplied configuration files. You mentioned Nokia's own map suite and a few other things that can't be considered stock, but none of Nokia's apps are part of the OS. Those apps are downloaded from the marketplace during initial setup, meaning they are just plain old apps just like any other app. Uninstalling them completely removes them from the device.

While "signature device" might mean something (although I now seriously doubt it), it doesn't mean what you thought it did.
    03-08-2013 01:14 PM
    I've been wondering the same about HTC got a while, when WP8 came out I really wanted the 920, but was unwilling to pay ATT so much money for less so I stayed with T-mo and must say I have really liked the 8X but I would like to see them do more a lot more. HTC is loosing a lot of money but to me it seems like they're are not doing much to get themselves out if,the hole they are in, the 8X is a good product just needs to receive a bit more of attention from HTC.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    03-08-2013 01:39 PM
    I totally agree! I can't understand them... And this week after week Lumia exclusive app issue is killing me! I blame Microsoft too about this, but mainly HTC.
    03-26-2013 10:12 AM
33 12