Sick of my HTC 8x

devanm44

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I got a HTC 8x as a quality replacement from Verizon after 2 bad Lumia 822's, and I'm feeling like it was a mistake. No expandable memory, limited storage, now less apps sine everything is a Nokia exclusive. Just doesn't seem right. I really like the Windows OS, but this just seems whack. Don't feel like my phone should dictate whether or not I CNA have acces to certain apps, especially since WindowsOS is limited already. How are my fellow HTC 8X users dealing?
Need to be talked off the jump ship ledge.

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I got a HTC 8x as a quality replacement from Verizon after 2 bad Lumia 822's, and I'm feeling like it was a mistake. No expandable memory, limited storage, now less apps sine everything is a Nokia exclusive. Just doesn't seem right. I really like the Windows OS, but this just seems whack. Don't feel like my phone should dictate whether or not I CNA have acces to certain apps, especially since WindowsOS is limited already. How are my fellow HTC 8X users dealing?
Need to be talked off the jump ship ledge.

Nokia apps eventually lose their exclusivity (but they get replaced with exclusive apps that other people will want). Stick with the Nokia 822 if it's that meaningful (it certainly was to me!). As for the 822...you might want to try and score the flagship nokia if possible!

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Read my other posts, and you will find me still loving my 8X after 3 months. I was initially worried about storage, but limiting it forces me to think about all the crap i really don't need. I still have plenty of room left over. As for apps, got no issues there. Again, do I really need it?
Instead of complaining, get a different phone, your not 'stuck' with it, you can get another model, or different OS.
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I also had two bad 822's and was switched to an 8X. For me that was a great move. The 8X has been flawless and the screen, camera and feel of the phone is much better. I don't miss the Nokia apps at all. I would rather have more storage, but I think I'll be fine on that end.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I switched from the 822 to the 8X and love it would not trade back. My wife liked mine so much, she had me order a red 8X (she had an iphone). It's really funny to keep hearing people complain about non-replaceable battery and limited memory. The best selling phone in the world (iphone) has neither and I don't hear people complain about that.

B_RAD89

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, its common sense to reserach a phone/almost anything you purchase before you spend your money on it. Thats why I dont get when people complain about things when they buy something when they could have easily spent five minutes on the internet to research the product

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I switched from the 822 to the 8X and love it would not trade back. My wife liked mine so much, she had me order a red 8X (she had an iphone). It's really funny to keep hearing people complain about non-replaceable battery and limited memory. The best selling phone in the world (iphone) has neither and I don't hear people complain about that.

This! I see people loving the iPhone saying it is amazing yet it has no replaceable battery or expandable memory, and btw I have 8GB on my 8X and im loving it, I upload my stuff to SkyDrive right away and remove it, when I wanna view it, easily accessible, and I have 190 songs on my phone with around 50 apps, with 1.8 GB free, what more does one want? Yeah exclusives come to Nokia but srsly, they will be available for us eventually, and I don't see myself leaving WP anytime, so no complaining here. Especially since HTC isn't offering much apps wise, their hardware kinda makes up for that for me.

runciter

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the 8X (8GB) and love, love, love the size, shape, screen/res. I never had a problem with the storage space and the battery (outside the first several days). The Nokia exclusives were annoying but not deal breaking so far and they will come to all of WinPho eventually. My 8X is an AT&T version so (lamely) no wireless charging. What eventually caused me to tip over the edge to get a 920 was the buttons, particularly the volume buttons. I got used to the power/wake button but the volume buttons seemed extra flush. Since you are on VZW, wireless charging might have kept me from going to the 920 (especially since I prefer the size of the 8X) and you should be able to top up your battery during the day. I don't think the storage is an issue but I don't have music/videos local and pix are up on Skydrive. Keep the faith! Also the Nokias don't have the HTC exclusive Clock/weather tile/lockscreen or flashlight app :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I rocked a red and blue 8x and the phone was attractive but I can see why you think it is a bit of a step down. Since owning my 920, I realized that this is the best windows phone due to support by Nokia. Having an 8x made me feel like sort of an outcast since there is no support really by HTC and there lkely won't be any anytime soon. I would see if you can get another Lumia.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This! I see people loving the iPhone saying it is amazing yet it has no replaceable battery or expandable memory, and btw I have 8GB on my 8X and im loving it, I upload my stuff to SkyDrive right away and remove it, when I wanna view it, easily accessible, and I have 190 songs on my phone with around 50 apps, with 1.8 GB free, what more does one want? Yeah exclusives come to Nokia but srsly, they will be available for us eventually, and I don't see myself leaving WP anytime, so no complaining here. Especially since HTC isn't offering much apps wise, their hardware kinda makes up for that for me.

Loving the Deadpool Avatar :cool:

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
hmm If i read the original post right, i don't think she had a choice on phone, when you replace your phone more than once they usually just give you a different phone and your options are very limited.. when I had to replace my mytouch for the second time, they gave me the option between a Sidekick (yeah I know apparently they still make those) and a Mytouch4g slide.. :/

matfantastic

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
822 owner here, bought an 8X off eBay and I love it. The thinness of the phone is great after using the bulky 822. I now use the 822 as a dedicated mp3 player with a 32gb card in it. Both phones are great however.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
sorry to hear about ur bad 822, been using my 822 for 3 months, no issues with is being a 'bad' phone. Hope it stays that way. LOVE the wireless charging back cover. Love the 64gb sd card, can record videos and more videos. got several movies on my card for long plane rides, about 20gb of mp3s on my card. Love City LENS!

devowilso

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I love my 8x. I had the iPhone 4s than the galaxy nexus than the iphone 5 than the galaxy s3. @nd the only phone I've really liked is my 8x. Play around a bit get some apps and games. Mix up your screen etc. S4 will no doubt be dope but you'll probably just get bored of it to. 8x is a nice piece of equipment

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I love my HTC phone. Very solid hardware. I normally don't let apps decide my like or dislike for an OS of phone.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The specs and capabilities you're complaining about could have been found out before hand with a simple Bing search.

That isn't really true. Searching for the specs would have told you about the limited storage, but it wouldn't have instantly highlighted the 'other' storage issue that is perhaps the biggest blight on Windows phone and the most complained about failing bar the lack of Instagram.

I have an 8X and its a superb handset. HTC got it perfectly right in terms of the physical device, its a joy to use, bar the mysterious lack of an sd card slot. It is so stable, an area in which it destroys the Lumia range.

But the other storage issue needs to be fixed urgently. I have 8.4gb in 'other' storage at the moment and cant download anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99