Sick of my HTC 8x

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My first WP8 was a blue 16Gb 8X, still going strong. My black 8X is still my 'trusted' WP8 device. I craved for a Lumia 920, I got one and have since sold it. I was always suspicious of the quality of the Chinese made Nokias. My Lumia was freezing three times a day, the photos in good sunlight were all not sharp. Nokia is finished. Now I am testing the Samsung Ativ S. I like the Ativ S 4.8 inch screen, battery and physical home button. So far I had one reboot on my Ativ S. But... I trust my blue and black 8X, because they have not have any freezes or reboots for months. The blue one is used by my daughter when she is with me. She is 6 and loves WP8 because I can pin Mom and Dead etc. On the start screen. As they say... To win a race you first need to finish it!

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that I got sick of my 8X as much as I did of WP8 in general. I got myself a Nexus 4 and am loving it.

I still have my 8X and will be checking in from time-to-time though ;)

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My first WP8 was a blue 16Gb 8X, still going strong. My black 8X is still my 'trusted' WP8 device. I craved for a Lumia 920, I got one and have since sold it. I was always suspicious of the quality of the Chinese made Nokias. My Lumia was freezing three times a day, the photos in good sunlight were all not sharp. Nokia is finished. Now I am testing the Samsung Ativ S. I like the Ativ S 4.8 inch screen, battery and physical home button. So far I had one reboot on my Ativ S. But... I trust my blue and black 8X, because they have not have any freezes or reboots for months. The blue one is used by my daughter when she is with me. She is 6 and loves WP8 because I can pin Mom and Dead etc. On the start screen. As they say... To win a race you first need to finish it!
more likely HTC will finish sooner than Nokia.

Jim Knight1

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have an 8x,, never ever EVER had such a glitchy buggy crappy phone. It will not switch off,,you cant remove the battery,, it crash's at least twice a day.. and now it wants 444mb to do an update lmao!! best delete everything on it oh did i say delete everything lmao again!! what a chuffing chore just to delete music from it.. im going back to Android.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely adore (yes, adore) my 8X. I've had it since the first week of January and it has been spot on. I have voice guided turn-by-turn navigation with HERE Drive Beta, awesome full-featured Pandora for FREE, smooth and beautiful OS, gorgeous phone form and great reliability. I can count on this beautiful phone, unlike others I've owned. I could go on about the features I like, but I'll just say I'm not MISSING anything!

ricocchet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Very very happy with my HTC 8X.

The styling is imo much much nicer and classier than they Nokia's, HTC even received a Design Award for the styling of the 8X.

The only thing that annoys me is the total lack of support and input from HTC towards their WP8 handsets, I sit here reading week in week out about EXCLUSIVE Nokia offers/apps and it does make you feel like a second class citizen, I mentioned it on the HTC FB page and all I got was some HTC lover explaining to me that HTC phones get Windows Phone updates before Nokias, doesn't mean a lot to me, I would rather HTC invest some time and energy into their WP8 Phones.

Where are the HTC exclusives?

Overall my 8X gets 8.5/10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss