So I have had my 8X for a week or so now. I have been reasonably satisfied with battery life after turning off a couple of background apps that I wasn't really using. I am a veteran smart phone user, so I know this might be a difficult question to answer. I went to bed last night with my battery around 1130 last night, with the battery around 75%, and woke up at 6am with the phone dead. I have posted a screen shot of the battery app I have showing the decline. Wifi was on, Bluetooth and NFC are off, I have generally great signal quality at my residence. The last time I have encountered something like this was on gingerbread android. Has anyone seen anything like this before? The only background tasks that were enabled were Here Drive (which I had not used that day), Battery Widget, and Yelp.

wp_ss_20130306_0001-1-.png
    03-06-2013 09:08 AM
    I've have had a problem like this, a couple months after I got my 8x (Verizon) it suddenly started draining battery like crazy. It was using like 10% per hours just in standby, I tried turning off a bunch of background tasks and Bluetooth/NFC none of that helped. After about a week of that the battery suddenly went back to normal and worked fine again. I've wondered if it was more an issue with the phone misinterpreting the battery level. The one thing I didn't try was uninstalling the HTC app, I have heard that removing that can vastly improve battery life. Hope you can solve your problem or it goes away like mine did.
    03-06-2013 09:29 AM
    The problems come from an app that hangs. I suggest you restart your phone every day or so. Also if you do not need the phone put it into flight mode. At night my phones are always charging.
    03-06-2013 02:09 PM