Bluetooth audio doesn't pause when receiving a call

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I just recently got a bluetooth music adapter for my car so that I can finally stop using my iPod and having to carry multiple devices. I use the bluetooth for both phone calls as well as streaming audio, however my set up is a little strange since my car has bluetooth phone support but not audio why I got the new adapter. So in my case, I've got my phone connected to my car for phone calls but then also connected to the adapter for the audio; two bluetooth receivers, one phone.

Now if I get a call while playing audio of bluetooth, the car will pick up the call and allow me to talk to the caller and when I hang up it switches back over to the audio adapter just fine. However the issue I've run into is that when it switches back to the audio, it's not in the same place it was where I received the call. It appears that when I get a phone call, the audio that is being streamed doesn't get paused even though I'm now on a phone call and when I return to the audio I've now lost however much time I was just on the phone.

Does anyone else have this issue, or can someone confirm that this is a problem with the way that I have things connected, or is this a general WP8 issue? Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it, that'd be great.

edm130

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar setup with the Bluetooth adapter for audio - but my audio does pause when I get a call. However if I am on the phone call for more than a couple of minutes, when I end the call, the audio resumes but I only hear a second of it through the car speakers and then nothing after that. I see the audio is playing via the phone display, but I hear nothing in the car. I then have to turn Bluetooth off, and turn back on to get audio back. Next phone call, same problem all over again if I am on call for longer than a couple of minutes.

I read in another post about disabling the "attentive phone" features. Going to see what impact that has on this issue...

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that problem with my 920. But I don't have the same setup. I am thinking the issue is with how you have it connected. You may also want to see if there is an update available for your car audio system as that can be the issue sometimes.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it matters what app you are playing music from. Do a test with Xbox Music and one with Pandora (or whatever you are using).

listeningtree

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Does that bluetooth music adapter have a call feature? Because if it does you don't have to connect the phone to the car's built-in bluetooth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo