Issue with screen not turning on after a call

frankiect

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll try to describe my problem the best I can. It all started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. My screen won't turn on when I recieve texts, whatsapp messages or any notifications. When I recieve a call, I can answer but after the call ends the screen stays turned off until the other person on the line ends the call. If he/she doesn't, I can't end the call and it keeps going o untill I press and hold the power button to restart the phone. This is very frustrating. After the reboot, everything works ok but after a while the problem reappears. What is there to do. I thought of faulty apps, but I can't seem to make a connection. I don't have that many apps , just the usual ones that everybody else uses on a daily basis. What is there to do?
L. E I failed to mention that I have done a phone reset and nothing has changed. I'm running os version 8.0.10211.204 Vodafone Romania.

Last edited:

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'll try to describe my problem the best I can. It all started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. My screen won't turn on when I recieve texts, whatsapp messages or any notifications. When I recieve a call, I can answer but after the call ends the screen stays turned off until the other person on the line ends the call. If he/she doesn't, I can't end the call and it keeps going o untill I press and hold the power button to restart the phone. This is very frustrating. After the reboot, everything works ok but after a while the problem reappears. What is there to do. I thought of faulty apps, but I can't seem to make a connection. I don't have that many apps , just the usual ones that everybody else uses on a daily basis. What is there to do?
L. E I failed to mention that I have done a phone reset and nothing has changed. I'm running os version 8.0.10211.204 Vodafone Romania.

Probably has something to do with a faulty proximity sensor, since the OS uses that module when a call or message appears to keep the phone screen off when an object is in range of the sensor, or if the device is in your pocket.

Did you have insurance on your 8X though? I think that you can request a replacement device if the problem still persists.

frankiect

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any insurance. I had a leather pouch with a magnetic clip. I took it off because I suspect that the magnet messed things up. Right now the sensor works, but time will tell.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786