The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I'll try to describe my problem the best I can. It all started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. My screen won't turn on when I recieve texts, whatsapp messages or any notifications. When I recieve a call, I can answer but after the call ends the screen stays turned off until the other person on the line ends the call. If he/she doesn't, I can't end the call and it keeps going o untill I press and hold the power button to restart the phone. This is very frustrating. After the reboot, everything works ok but after a while the problem reappears. What is there to do. I thought of faulty apps, but I can't seem to make a connection. I don't have that many apps , just the usual ones that everybody else uses on a daily basis. What is there to do?
    L. E I failed to mention that I have done a phone reset and nothing has changed. I'm running os version 8.0.10211.204 Vodafone Romania.
    Last edited by frankiect; 03-06-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    03-06-2013 03:53 PM
    I'll try to describe my problem the best I can. It all started maybe 2-3 weeks ago. My screen won't turn on when I recieve texts, whatsapp messages or any notifications. When I recieve a call, I can answer but after the call ends the screen stays turned off until the other person on the line ends the call. If he/she doesn't, I can't end the call and it keeps going o untill I press and hold the power button to restart the phone. This is very frustrating. After the reboot, everything works ok but after a while the problem reappears. What is there to do. I thought of faulty apps, but I can't seem to make a connection. I don't have that many apps , just the usual ones that everybody else uses on a daily basis. What is there to do?
    L. E I failed to mention that I have done a phone reset and nothing has changed. I'm running os version 8.0.10211.204 Vodafone Romania.
    Probably has something to do with a faulty proximity sensor, since the OS uses that module when a call or message appears to keep the phone screen off when an object is in range of the sensor, or if the device is in your pocket.

Did you have insurance on your 8X though? I think that you can request a replacement device if the problem still persists.
    03-06-2013 05:18 PM
    I don't have any insurance. I had a leather pouch with a magnetic clip. I took it off because I suspect that the magnet messed things up. Right now the sensor works, but time will tell.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    03-07-2013 04:36 AM