Facebook Chat through Messaging issue

Akshaay Kumar

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
i too have the same problem......it keeps showing up "can't connect" every time i use the fb chat using messaging.....guys if figured it out let us know ...

LEFT KOYL

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone report the bug regarding the messaging FB chat.
When the friend is on mobile device you can't see his/her messages inside for some reason. You have to open FB application.

Peter Turnansky

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi I`m facing the same: When the friend is on mobile device you can't see his/her messages inside for some reason. You have to open FB application. Any suggestion?

Del1701

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This did work for me when I originally bought my 920 a month ago but after about a week it stopped working, it just kept saying cannot connect :mad: even after several hard resets due to other problems with my 920 and removing wp permissions from Facebook and setting it up again it has never worked :banghead:
My phone's gone back to get repaired under warranty so let's see if it works when I get it back :rolleyes:

Sent from the event horizon of a quantum singularity :D

schrammi

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Have my Lumia 925 with the latest build about a week now and ive tested and tried everything! new fb account, complete reset and all other tipps from wp central and dem Microsoft community and it has NEVER been worked. the Chat is always offline - coulndt connect to Chat!

Gibraltar75

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I was also having the same problem, could not connect to FB chat. I had tried everything, unlink FB account from MS account, change passwords, change settings but nothing worked.
FB chat worked - sort off - until a couple weeks ago.
I've read on answers.microsoft.com a user suggesting the uninstall of Skype, so in desperation I uninstalled and can you believe it? FB chat can now connect and seems to work.
So if you're having problems connecting to FB chat and have Skype installed, try removing it (does not seem to resolve problems with message lag and other problems).

madhu kiran

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I am using lumia 520. i bought this phone two months back and i have seen only once signin (available) that too restarting my phone 3 times and after some time the same error cant connect to chat. i asked nokia care they said its network problem, but i am using vodafone, and in center of the city, i dont think so its network problem. its problem with phone itself

pankaj2185

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I seem to get notification and the message when someone pings me for the first time. After that, I do not receive the messages and cannot chat. Seems like I committed a big mistake buying Windows phone. If the basic things like facebook does not work, I don't care if i have to sell it off.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
what bugs me the most, does Microsoft & Nokia employees even have WP8 devices? im starting to believe they have androids and Iphones, because this problem is so obvious, they don't need customer feedback, its not working for anyone search all the forums, everyone is talking about the same thing, and im sure its not working for them employees either.

im tired, I really feel that I wasted money, and even robbed :S wish I went for an Iphone.

why don't Microsoft fix it? its really weird, but WP8 seems to be so rigid, and it is big on space too, so they have to wait to get a batch of issues done, then give their devices an update, which sadly is taking alooooooooong time!!!!!!! :(

Catalin Esanu

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
The last update pretty much coincides with my chat issue starting up. Never had a problem before, now suddenly only get the initial incoming message, but once I reply...that's it. No new messages come through.

This is my exact problem with FB Chat through Messaging since I bought the phone 2 months ago

Edit: I installed the update (8.0.10327.77) today and so far it seems this problem is fixed. It takes 2 or 3 seconds to recieve de replies.

Last edited:

anon(5562316)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
This is defiantly a Skype issue. Mine hasn't connected to chat so weeks. I uninstalled Skype and it worked straight away. I've since reinstalled Skype and its still working so fingers crossed.

Sathish Rao

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi. As u said i uninstalled Skype yesterday and sfb chat was working nicely fr a day. Thn today mrng when go to fb chat it shows "cannot connect to chat". I even uninstalled wechat cos i linked the fb account to it. Even nw its not working.

LEFTKOYL

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
No issue no skype nothing just open messenger change status to offiline and then online again keep in mind to have open Data (wifi or 3G).

LEFTKOYL

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Its related to skype because at skype we have linked the MSN messenger account so maybe that's why can't connect some times to phone messenger. Because the phone messenger app retrieves requests from old msn messaging services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros