Facebook Chat through Messaging issue

jcjackjay

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I connect to my home WiFi (don't have a data plan) and try to connect to Facebook chat using the Messaging app 90% of the time, it gives me a notification of "Can't connect". This used to work just fine usually, but recently its been lacking successful connections. Does anybody have this issue as well? I absolutely love this method of Facebook chat, but it's no use if it doesn't work.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I connect to my home WiFi (don't have a data plan) and try to connect to Facebook chat using the Messaging app 90% of the time, it gives me a notification of "Can't connect". This used to work just fine usually, but recently its been lacking successful connections. Does anybody have this issue as well? I absolutely love this method of Facebook chat, but it's no use if it doesn't work.

Do you have it in Airplane mode with WiFi enabled? I do not think it likes that...

Same with Battery Saver.

jcjackjay

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
No clue...

I am signed in to FB Chat all day (my wife and I use it solely vs. SMS) and I am on WiFi all day since I do not get a signal at work.

Flipping the data switch on and off seemed to dl the trick. Do you keep your data connection on during the whole day?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Flipping the data switch on and off seemed to dl the trick. Do you keep your data connection on during the whole day?

Yes, I keep it on. I can not get regular texts from others if I turn it off...and periodically when walking around the office I'll occasionally get a signal. Basically it isn't worth the hassle of flipping it back and forth. Maybe if I could do it with NFC tags but WP8 has that tied down waaayyy too much to make it practical currently.

I assumed you had your data flipped off since you didn't have a SIM, that was why I asked about the Airplane mode.

jcjackjay

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Oh no, I have a SIM card, but I just don't have a data plan. Like I can text and call, but not use the internet using 4G/3G. But I can use WiFi.

Sagar93

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Mines not working either, I am using a Lumia 800.
Internet and browsing works just fine, but the chat just won't work.
It keeps saying "can't connect".

Sahil Oberoi

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys..

I am also not able to recieve messages through the inbuilt fb chat service using Hotmail account..

Just got my phn updated..Still no incoming msgs..What to do??
Ane solutions???

Char Scheerer

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The last update pretty much coincides with my chat issue starting up. Never had a problem before, now suddenly only get the initial incoming message, but once I reply...that's it. No new messages come through.

Joel Caubet

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep exactly the same issue for me since the update. 1st fb message of a conversation comes on wp8 but nothing else unless i switch plane mode on and back off, then i would receive 1 message of that same conversation and nothing else...

szamoran

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Mines not working either, I am using a Lumia 800.
Internet and browsing works just fine, but the chat just won't work.
It keeps saying "can't connect".

My chats are all off since a few hours ago (no messenger, whatsapp, facebook). Internet and all data apps work just fine, except chat. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3