Advice on Bluetooth headset

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys, and gals. What Bluetooth headset do you use? Need some real advice before buying. Also, do you use aftermarket car head unit with BT? If so, which one?
Thanks!
Sent from my wicked sexy HTC 8X windows phone using Board Express

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I also would like some advice on this, here are the things I am looking for:

1. Bluetooth wireless stereo in ear headset (no cords)
2. Automatic switching between music and calls
3. Cost under $100 US if possible
4. Works with Lumia 900/Lumia 920

Btw this is probably posted in the wrong section, if someone could move it to accessories would be great!!

theguy0075

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth Headphones by JayBird : Bluetooth Stereo Headphones : Bluetooth Stereo Headset Headphones : iPhone Bluetooth Headphones : iPod Bluetooth Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com

I have been using these (first gen.) since the issues when WP7 came out and you couldn't use the 3.5mm jack without your phone freezing up on you. They have good sound quality for music and can take calls . I've been waiting for them to crap-out so I can justify getting the new ones, but they are still good to go after about two years.

radekhulan

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Nokia BH-907. Amazing headset. Has 3 microphones for super clear sound, battery lasts for 3 weeks (as it connects to phone only when put into your ear), and has voice guidance.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a Dension Bluetooth adapter in the car, it sounds like **** on this phone. Do not buy.

I'm probably just going to get a BT earpiece to leave in the car

^radekhulan, if you are paired with the bluetooth can you connect to the earphone jack for music and still receive calls on the BT headset? I'm hoping I can use a BT earpiece in the car for phone calls but still use my aux in port for music (and have the BT still work for calls while connected via headphone jack to aux in). The Dension adapter just doesn't cut it, it had mediocre reviews for BT quality and I should have listened to them,

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I recommend the Plantronics Voyager headsets. They are larger than the rest, but the audio and microphone quality are exceptionally good. Unlike most others that I have used, the person with whom I am speaking never complains about the sound quality.

Paul Ibberson

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I can highly recommend Nokia BH-505. I use them daily for calls, music and podcasts. They come with a number of different ear bud sizes to get the one you need.

Sound quality and microphone are very good - better than my desk phone in fact.

I have paired them with my Lumia 710 and my Surface R. both devices paired with no problems. If you are lucky to have a phone tht supports NFC, then you will be able to pair veru easily as these headphones have NFC built in.

Battery life is good. I get about a week with usage of around 2-3 hours per day,

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Got my Jawbone Icon today. I'm really pleased so far! Very easy sync with my 8X and sound is very good. I like that it has multiple ear bits to choose from so you can get the right fit. Also, the apps available for it online are pretty cool. You can change the "voice" that tells you it's activated, a call is coming in, etc. I'm happy!

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased an HTC branded Bluetooth adapter. It looks like a flash drive with a 3.5mm headphone jack. My car has a decent head unit already, so it was a simple choice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon