Any tips to improve my Htc 8x Battery life??

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
HTC hub and disable NFC (Tap+send)...it kills battery big time (enable when you need it, don't leave it on all the time)....I get 3 days with moderate use....

I have heard mixed thought about the HTC hub, and most of them are opinions. Personally, I deleted it because I didn't really want it. However, I have been keeping everything on on my phone, including background tasks, wifi, Bluetooth, and nfc. Yes, you would think that those would take up extra battery, but I really see negligible battery drain from them. Although I didn't use my phone that much yesterday, with everything on, I was at about 60% battery when I went to bed, about 14 hours after I took it off charge. I am really impressed with the 8x and it is better than the 822. But, I don't use Whatsapp and Skype, which many people complain about them draining the battery.

welchpm

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine improved noticeably after I intentionally drained the battery completely. It also improves over time, although for me it took 5 or 6 weeks before I really noticed a difference. I did the intentional drain after having the phone maybe 2 months. And when I did it, I REALLY did it - drain it to the point that the phone turns itself off, then leave it off for 10 minutes or so, and turn it back on and let it power itself off again. I did that 5 or 6 times to make sure it was really dead.

battery8xsucks

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Losing 10+% overnight in a stand-by mode with everything turned off!

So...anyone else having battery troubles like this? I mean...I just hate it when I fully charge it right before going to sleep. And then in the morning it's already at approx 88%...by the time I sync my email over wifi and check out a few webpages and then get out of the house, it'll be below 80% already. I know that's not normal...I really don't want to hear "give your battery time to calibrate" cause this is my 7th day with this phone and I think it was 9th charge last night and battery life never seems to improve.

I really hate it when I see my friends with Iphone4 losing less battery with 3g and apps like whatsapp turned on, than I do with my phone with extremely light use and micromanaging every single setting that might save me some battery. I'm really sick of this.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Why would you charge your phone, then unplug it at night and let it get down to 88%? Why not plug it in overnight, then you start the day at close to 100%. And my wife had an IPhone 4s and her 8X is lasting at least as long (probably longer), with everything on. I still say that WhatsApp is going to drain it more, mainly because the iphone app has probably been optimized and is not as efficient on WP. Also, do you have the Portico update? You could also do a hard reset and see if that improves things. Also, unconnected wifi will use more battery than connected wifi because it keeps searching for a connection.

metrodigital

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a Galaxy Note 2. Which is loaded with the largest battery in a mobile device to date. I would fully charge, then leave unplugged overnight and wake up I would have anywhere from 88% to 90% battery life left. This is on complete standby with maybe 3 apps that dont require syncing. I was very disappointed to say the least. I sent it back for the HTC 8X WF, and am not impressed with battery life but am satisfied. I get average of 24 - 32 hrs of battery life with mild to moderate usage and as long as I can use it all day (whens theres light) and not have to plug it in during the day (which I dont but did with the note 2) Im happy. Don't think that the HTC is the only phone that dont have good battery life, if you want a phone with great battery life consider going back to a basic flip phone.

pottyvick

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I can appreciate the time you put into that, but thats a GIANT list and with everything off you've essentially created a dumb phone.

I actually followed most of the guide. You still have the option to not disable everything. My phone was not turned into a dumb phone. I dont need xbox music syncing. I dont need location on always. Its merely a guide for those who need it...

Hadi Moloodi

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
hi dude
i was experiencing this kind of problems at first with my htc windows phone 8x but after a while i come to this
1- it takes a several charge and discharge cycle for your battery to reache its maximum capacity
2-you must update your phone to the latest release ** be careful windows update has mutiple phases it means you can not update your windows from 8.0.9903.10 to 8.0.10328.78 directly because it hase multiple phases what you gonna do is update from 8.0.9903.10 to 8.0.10211.204 then from 8.0.10211.204 to 8.0.10327.77 and from 8.0.10327.77 to 8.0.10328.78 and so on so when you installed a new version check your phone for update again until it say your phone is uptodate **
3-Wifi Consumes so much power in my exprience. so turn it off when you dont need it.
whit these tips that we have discussed above my htc windows phone 8x cunsumes only 3% after 4hour whitout heavy use ofcourse.
let me know what happend .
thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium